Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

I GOT BIG NEWS

Posted by on May. 8, 2013 at 8:31 AM
  • 43 Replies

a + on the first test and then a - onthe second test! my period was due on the 5th and i still haven't had it but my son only bfs 3-4 times a day! any ideas  thanks ladies!

please if you're on my facebook don't say anything but I'm

i'm due 1/11/2014 :-D

by on May. 8, 2013 at 8:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ptitchou
by on May. 8, 2013 at 8:35 AM
No idea. Test again. I've always heard a plus is a plus. And there can be false negatives. But no experience with that.
bad_mama2011
by on May. 8, 2013 at 8:36 AM

My sister just started getting hers again and her daughter turned a year in March, she was exclusively breast feeding and pumping.

Hoevegirl1986
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2013 at 8:39 AM

?i've goten my period seinc he was 11months old so thats not a worry!

Quoting bad_mama2011:

My sister just started getting hers again and her daughter turned a year in March, she was exclusively breast feeding and pumping.

MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on May. 8, 2013 at 8:57 AM
I know that false negatives are way more common than false positives :) Your urine may have been diluted from too much water or you could be very very early along. Congratulations :)
K8wizzo
by Kate on May. 8, 2013 at 9:45 AM

Test with first morning urine.  Sometimes if you have a very early miscarriage you'll see a positive and then negatives after that.  Nursing doesn't affect pregnancy tests or your chance of miscarriage.

Ms.Pteranodon
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2013 at 9:51 AM
Where you using a blue die test?
Hoevegirl1986
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2013 at 10:12 AM

i took my first test this morning right after i got up and it was + and then took another test after my shower and that was -!  i would be 4weeks along should i wait until next week to retest? and i was using the pt from conceive-easy!

AngryBob
by on May. 8, 2013 at 10:16 AM

there are no false positives.

take a digital test.

congrats!

Baby_Avas_Momma
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2013 at 10:37 AM
This :) :)

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

I know that false negatives are way more common than false positives :) Your urine may have been diluted from too much water or you could be very very early along. Congratulations :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on May. 8, 2013 at 1:22 PM
This.

Quoting K8wizzo:

Test with first morning urine.  Sometimes if you have a very early miscarriage you'll see a positive and then negatives after that.  Nursing doesn't affect pregnancy tests or your chance of miscarriage.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN