Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

someone please help

Posted by on May. 8, 2013 at 8:59 PM
  • 13 Replies

I stopped breasfeeding but want to start again but when I pump I notice that Im only pumping 1 ounce will I start producing more than an ounce, I feel stupid asking but I never breast fed none of my other three kids cause I was always working and now im a stay at home mom. Pleace someone help

by on May. 8, 2013 at 8:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bloom4ever
by on May. 8, 2013 at 9:01 PM
1 mom liked this

with time you can build your supply back up...and what you pump isn't going to be the same amount baby can get out due to baby being able to suck in ways most pumps can't...

there is also things you can take/eat that can help build supply back up but nursing and pumping will help lots

good luck!

BabyM789
by on May. 8, 2013 at 9:02 PM

can you recommend what kinda foods?

Analugojana
by Christine on May. 8, 2013 at 9:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Fenugreek, found at health food stores, three times three capsules a day, blessed thistle, same amount. Oatmeal, for food. 

Does the baby still latch? If so, nurse A LOT. If not, start pumping around the clock every 2 hours. Your supply will increase, maybe even get to a full supply, depending on how long you've stopped nursing and your body.

You can do it!

--
'I made an agreement of peaceful coexistence with time; neither it pursues me, nor I run from it; one day we will find each other.' (Mario Lago)
gumeshoe
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2013 at 9:18 PM
1 mom liked this

http://kellymom.com/ages/adopt-relactate/relactation-resources/

There are lots of links there about it. But whatever you pump you can put in a SNS not a bottle and put the back to your breast to help build supply. Best booster is your baby.

Bloom4ever
by on May. 8, 2013 at 9:19 PM
1 mom liked this

oatmeal is 1 I hear of a LOT

and from KellyMom: 

Quote:

A substance that increases milk supply is called a galactagogue. Some of the most commonly usedherbal galactagogues are fenugreek, blessed thistle, and alfalfa.

there's also a "mother's milk tea" or something like that...I've never personally used the herbs that are out there I did eat oatmeal at times though

check out kellymom lots of help there!

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on May. 8, 2013 at 9:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Yep!!!

Quoting Analugojana:

Fenugreek, found at health food stores, three times three capsules a day, blessed thistle, same amount. Oatmeal, for food. 

Does the baby still latch? If so, nurse A LOT. If not, start pumping around the clock every 2 hours. Your supply will increase, maybe even get to a full supply, depending on how long you've stopped nursing and your body.

You can do it!

BabyM789
by on May. 8, 2013 at 11:02 PM

Thank you ladies

BabyM789
by on May. 8, 2013 at 11:03 PM

Im pumping but do try to latch her still working on it, 

Ptitchou
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2013 at 11:14 PM
Try skin to skin in a warm bath.

How long has it been since you've nursed?

Quoting BabyM789:

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on May. 8, 2013 at 11:59 PM

Quoting BabyM789:

keep working at it. Before you give a botttle of anything, try and latch first. Doing skin to skin will help, so will expressing a little milk to get her to latch. Seeing an IBCLC as well to get more tips and hands on help :)

http://www.llli.org/ is a great resource and you can call a leader and go to meetings for free :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)