Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Has anyone experienced....

Posted by on May. 12, 2013 at 9:07 AM
  • 7 Replies

My son is 8 months. I started to wean him early as I knew id have to get a job due to student loans. I was able to wean him down to 2 nursing sessions a day but the rest of breast milk in a cup. I have a large stash. He is completely weaned now as of  3 weeks ago. From the changes in my breast I can tell that my milk has completely dried up (this is my second child and I breast fed my first too).

But for four days I have been experiencing weird cramps/discharge. I keep cramping and I am experiencing a lot of watery/yellow discharge. The cramping is on and off. I will cramp, experience a lot of discharge, and then the cramps go away. I do not have a fever. Over all I feel fine but its getting annoying. Has anyone else experienced this after breastfeeding?

by on May. 12, 2013 at 9:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
twogirl91
by on May. 12, 2013 at 9:21 AM

I'd call the doctor just to be safe, but maybe it's your period trying to come back? 

Angel_Red7
by on May. 12, 2013 at 9:27 AM

I am thinking it may just be my period trying to come back. I did not experience this the first time so I am a little concerned. I am going to wait it out a tad longer. Just thought id see if anyone has had similiar experience once weaning completely.

Quoting twogirl91:

I'd call the doctor just to be safe, but maybe it's your period trying to come back? 

shortyali
by Alicia on May. 12, 2013 at 9:28 AM
Not sure what that could be.

On a side note, you do know you don't have to wean to go back to work, right? I've worked full time while nursing. Currently I'm part time but that's because of daycare issues, not nursing issues.
Angel_Red7
by on May. 12, 2013 at 9:36 AM

I know. I am also a full-time student. I start next week at a part-time job. He will just get breastmilk in a cup. I have enough to last til he is 14 months. I could barely handle everything without a part-time job. I give moms a lot of credit who choose go to school, work, and pump. Or who pump in general.

Quoting shortyali:

On a side note, you do know you don't have to wean to go back to work, right? I've worked full time while nursing. Currently I'm part time but that's because of daycare issues, not nursing issues.

shortyali
by Alicia on May. 12, 2013 at 9:40 AM
Ok, just checking. ;) I've had a few people tell me they couldn't nurse because they had to go back to work.

Quoting Angel_Red7:

I know. I am also a full-time student. I start next week at a part-time job. He will just get breastmilk in a cup. I have enough to last til he is 14 months. I could barely handle everything without a part-time job. I give moms a lot of credit who choose go to school, work, and pump. Or who pump in general.

Quoting shortyali:

Angel_Red7
by on May. 12, 2013 at 9:42 AM

Nope. I do not make excuses. It is what I chose :)

Quoting shortyali:

Ok, just checking. ;) I've had a few people tell me they couldn't nurse because they had to go back to work.

Quoting Angel_Red7:

Quoting shortyali:

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on May. 12, 2013 at 12:28 PM

Quoting Angel_Red7:

My son is 8 months. I started to wean him early as I knew id have to get a job due to student loans.

Before I address your actual question, it's not necessary to wean to work. Lots of moms work full time and keep nursing. You can even nurse when home formula when not. Just putting that out there because a lot of moms mistakenly believe they must stay home to nurse. In fact, the most successful long term nursers I've known over the years were not SAHM. They worked full time. 

I say this only because I've been spending a lot of time stamping out the myth that you cannot nurse and work. **smile**

EDITED TO ADD: Wrote my response before reading the others!

I was able to wean him down to 2 nursing sessions a day but the rest of breast milk in a cup. I have a large stash. He is completely weaned now as of  3 weeks ago. From the changes in my breast I can tell that my milk has completely dried up (this is my second child and I breast fed my first too).

But for four days I have been experiencing weird cramps/discharge. I keep cramping and I am experiencing a lot of watery/yellow discharge. The cramping is on and off. I will cramp, experience a lot of discharge, and then the cramps go away. I do not have a fever. Over all I feel fine but its getting annoying. Has anyone else experienced this after breastfeeding?

You might have experienced it regardless. It's just your cycle reasserting itself. Been there!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN