Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

EBF and wine - yay or nay?

Posted by on May. 12, 2013 at 6:31 PM
  • 19 Replies
This is my 1st Mother's Day and I wanted to celebrate later on tonight with half a glass (maybe even a full glass) of Moscato D'Asti wine. I was just wondering if I should stay away from alcohol completely or if I'd be okay to drink it. Thanks in advance!
by on May. 12, 2013 at 6:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
scraphappy12
by Member on May. 12, 2013 at 6:33 PM
I will let the experts weigh in but I think it's fine. I have heard if you are ok to drive you are ok to nurse :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on May. 12, 2013 at 6:37 PM

There is NOTHING wrong with enjoying a glass or two of wine. Half a glass should be perfectly fine. As long as you're sober, you do not need to limit nursing.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!! : )

Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on May. 12, 2013 at 6:42 PM
It's PERFECTLY FINE!!! :-) Enjoy yourself.
turttlemom
by Nayelli on May. 12, 2013 at 6:44 PM

Happy mother´s day OP and Amy, 

I was thinking on post about this (I will just used this post), since I took a glass of wine last night and DS has pooped twice today. Those diapers were kind of greenish color and stinky. Could be that due my glass of wine? 

Quoting aehanrahan:

There is NOTHING wrong with enjoying a glass or two of wine. Half a glass should be perfectly fine. As long as you're sober, you do not need to limit nursing.

Emadele
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2013 at 6:47 PM
I say yay!!! I <3 wine. :) and the rule is: safe to drive, safe to nurse. Go for it! I normally time my drinks for right after his bedtime nursing. I'm a light weight and get tipsy easy.

Married to Russell (7/27/09), Momma to Haydn (5/27/10) and Donavyn (8/1/12).
KristenandCaleb
by on May. 12, 2013 at 6:48 PM

yay, you'll be fine. I nurse right after a glass of wine, it's no problem. Just don't overdo it. If you feel super buzzed I'd wait. But a glass of wine will be fine.

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on May. 12, 2013 at 6:57 PM

It could be something else. I'm thinking he caught something and that is how he's showing it. Does he have any other symptoms?

Quoting turttlemom:

I was thinking on post about this (I will just used this post), since I took a glass of wine last night and DS has pooped twice today. Those diapers were kind of greenish color and stinky. Could be that due my glass of wine? 

Quoting aehanrahan:

turttlemom
by Nayelli on May. 12, 2013 at 7:12 PM

No, he hasn´t have any other symtom. Although he got mangoes puree on friday, he sneaked into my friend´s dd dinner LOL

Quoting aehanrahan:

It could be something else. I'm thinking he caught something and that is how he's showing it. Does he have any other symptoms?

Quoting turttlemom:

Quoting aehanrahan:

kbutton24
by Member on May. 12, 2013 at 7:12 PM

You'll be fine! Enjoy your day!!

awesomemommy2
by on May. 12, 2013 at 7:15 PM
Right after nursing with at least 2 hours before nursing again.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)