Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

question about poop

Posted by on May. 13, 2013 at 1:09 AM
  • 8 Replies
So I'm sure this has probably been asked before but is it normal that my ebf baby has gone from 2-3 poops a day to she hasn't pooped in 3 days?? She usually wakes up farting up a storm in the morning and that hasn't stopped but her poops have! Is it just normal ebf stuff or is she constipated...or maybe not getting enough milk?
by on May. 13, 2013 at 1:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Ptitchou
by on May. 13, 2013 at 1:12 AM
Normal. Not to worry...except for the blowout you'll be anticipating when baby does go.
SadieJames
by Sarah on May. 13, 2013 at 1:13 AM

Constipation is hard dry pellets.  Signaled by screaming in pain and a hard tummy.

farting means her system is working.  If air is passing through then there isn't a blockage.  

Bmilk has less to digest and as the baby gets older their bodies get better at digesting more so they make less waste.

all is fine : )

SadieJames
by Sarah on May. 13, 2013 at 1:14 AM

We just had a weeks worth of build up blowout yesterday.  In her hair, all over me, all over the couch.  Guess I got lazy putting the dipe on well... : )

Quoting Ptitchou:

Normal. Not to worry...except for the blowout you'll be anticipating when baby does go.

CafeMom Tickers
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on May. 13, 2013 at 1:14 AM

She's reached the age where you will see less poop. Group record is over 20 days. All good... but beware the blowout that's coming!

mamabear1111
by on May. 13, 2013 at 1:19 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you! That makes alot of sense =) even though this is baby #5 it's my first baby that has been ebf this long (almost 15 weeks!!) so I feel like a ftm

Quoting SadieJames:

Constipation is hard dry pellets.  Signaled by screaming in pain and a hard tummy.

farting means her system is working.  If air is passing through then there isn't a blockage.  

Bmilk has less to digest and as the baby gets older their bodies get better at digesting more so they make less waste.

all is fine : )

mamabear1111
by on May. 13, 2013 at 1:26 AM
Now I'm worried lol I'm gonna be extra careful how well I put her diaper on!!

Quoting SadieJames:

We just had a weeks worth of build up blowout yesterday.  In her hair, all over me, all over the couch.  Guess I got lazy putting the dipe on well... : )

Quoting Ptitchou:

SadieJames
by Sarah on May. 13, 2013 at 1:29 AM

We do cloth and usually I do a prefold with a snappi and a cover... I got lazy and just folded it (didnt wrap it around her at all) and stuck a cover on it too loose... It was a MESS! Thankfully it was sunny out so everything got washed and put outside : )

Quoting mamabear1111:

Now I'm worried lol I'm gonna be extra careful how well I put her diaper on!!

Quoting SadieJames:

Quoting Ptitchou:

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on May. 13, 2013 at 2:01 AM
Yes, it is normal! If the baby is wetting diapers and passing gas, there is nothing to worry about. Constipation is not not pooping. It is pooping hard, dry pellets.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)