Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Anyone watch The Office - ON topic!

Posted by on May. 13, 2013 at 11:19 AM
  • 10 Replies
4 moms liked this

The last episode of The Office had a great breastfeeding reference!

Dwight was watching Angela's son.  When he brought Phillip, the son, over to Angela she asked if he ate and Oscar said he's been fighting the nipple.  Dwight said he's a baby of superior intelligence and can tell when he's not getting the real thing : ). The great part is Phillip is about 16 months old! 

Really made me smile! It was a natural, organic part of the show.  No weird bfing joke or anything.

by on May. 13, 2013 at 11:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FrancineSmith
by on May. 13, 2013 at 11:21 AM

Dwight is the best character. I think BFing was part of Dwight's and Angela's "baby making" contract. I believe he required her to BF for at least a year.

SadieJames
by on May. 13, 2013 at 11:27 AM

Oh yeah I forgot about that! I'm so sad the series finale is this week : ( 

Quoting FrancineSmith:

Dwight is the best character. I think BFing was part of Dwight's and Angela's "baby making" contract. I believe he required her to BF for at least a year.

turttlemom
by Nayelli on May. 13, 2013 at 12:31 PM

I haven't seen that series, but I finally saw the Simpson's breastfeeding episode, and I didn't like it. 

But when Marge said she bfed Lisa for 9 months, SO said, DS is 9months already, I said it is recommended to... he finished my sentence "somewhere between 13 and 16 months?"... I said 24months... 

He was disappointed because he said every time we talk about the topic I increase the weaning date... It is not like I have a goal set. I'll let Ander wean. LOL

SadieJames
by on May. 13, 2013 at 12:38 PM
1 mom liked this

The Simpson one pissed me off.  This one was good though.

Every time he asks add six months : ) he'll stop asking soon.  

Quoting turttlemom:

I haven't seen that series, but I finally saw the Simpson's breastfeeding episode, and I didn't like it. 

But when Marge said she bfed Lisa for 9 months, SO said, DS is 9months already, I said it is recommended to... he finished my sentence "somewhere between 13 and 16 months?"... I said 24months... 

He was disappointed because he said every time we talk about the topic I increase the weaning date... It is not like I have a goal set. I'll let Ander wean. LOL

turttlemom
by Nayelli on May. 13, 2013 at 12:44 PM

That is a good idea :) It is not that he has been asking frequently though. It has happened when we end up talking about the topic due other kind of related convo. It was funny because enven without planning on it, I have been doing it.

Quoting SadieJames:

The Simpson one pissed me off.  This one was good though.

Every time he asks add six months : ) he'll stop asking soon.  

Quoting turttlemom:

ali840
by on May. 13, 2013 at 12:56 PM

Me, too! I love that show! I did notice the bfing reference. It's nice to see a comment like that and no one freak out.

Quoting SadieJames:

Oh yeah I forgot about that! I'm so sad the series finale is this week : ( 

Quoting FrancineSmith:

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on May. 13, 2013 at 1:34 PM
I've never seen that show. I may go watch the episode online.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gumeshoe
by on May. 13, 2013 at 3:21 PM

Oh I am sure it will be before the prom rolls around hun. :) Defiantly by college.

Quoting turttlemom:

turttlemom
by Nayelli on May. 13, 2013 at 3:45 PM

I will def use this one.

OT... DS is scared of his uncle (SO brother). Don't blame my little guy I was too when I first meet him.

Well "BIL" said yesterday, the way to DS will not be scared of him anymore is if he rides DS in his motorcycle like he did with his 14 months old nephew . I told him no way I will let DS ride in a motorcycle with him, not before his 18th birthday, he said something like he won't ask.. so I said well 21st... LOL.. next time will add until he is 40 AND wean :P

HELLO, I know we can do things without ask mother's permission, but won't allow my 9 months old ride in a motorcycle with a guy who has been multiples times on ER due motorcycle accident...

Quoting gumeshoe:

Oh I am sure it will be before the prom rolls around hun. :) Defiantly by college.

Quoting turttlemom:

CelestialSong
by on May. 13, 2013 at 4:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I love the Office, and all of the breastfeeding on the show has been awesome. Pam breastfed her baby (I remember she had trouble getting her to latch in the hospital), and then pumped at work. Way back in I think the first season Dwight references some woman's breasts "Not for me, for our children. The Schrutes produce very thirsty babies" xD And there was another mom who pumped in the Office too. It's been just a natural part of the show in reference to babies and motherhood.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN