Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Seriously Similac?!!!

Posted by on May. 13, 2013 at 12:06 PM
  • 32 Replies

Is this sabotage or what. I am guessing it costs a lot more than regular formula!

SimilacĀ® For Supplementation

by on May. 13, 2013 at 12:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ceckyl
by Kyla on May. 13, 2013 at 12:07 PM
Oh my god.
Baby_Avas_Momma
by Gold Member on May. 13, 2013 at 12:51 PM
And what makes this one so different from allllll the other formulas? lol.. must be a little desperate to come up with this crap.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaDee83
by on May. 13, 2013 at 12:52 PM

WHAT IS THIS BULLSHIT!? This is just a way to get underinformed, desperate mothers to gradually switch to formula. This is actually making me angry, wtf!!!

isaacsmommy68
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2013 at 12:57 PM

I know. It kept poping up on my screen here at cafe mom.

Quoting MamaDee83:

WHAT IS THIS BULLSHIT!? This is just a way to get underinformed, desperate mothers to gradually switch to formula. This is actually making me angry, wtf!!!

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on May. 13, 2013 at 1:06 PM
It's a new low for formula marketing. I've been reading a lot about this product and its marketing. Dr Jenny Thomas breaks it apart and exposes a lot of the deception.
LilliansMama27
by Candy on May. 13, 2013 at 1:10 PM

Wow...really? Seriously what is the difference? All I read was that it has prebiotics in it to help baby digest it. After being apart of this group I know better, but had I needed to supplement I might fall for crap like this. It's so sad that new breastfeeding moms get bombarded with products that can set them up to fail. It's still not as bad as the product that supposedly can tell you what your supply is by pump output...smh

AudlyLuvly
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2013 at 1:11 PM
Link?

Quoting mostlymaydays:

It's a new low for formula marketing. I've been reading a lot about this product and its marketing. Dr Jenny Thomas breaks it apart and exposes a lot of the deception.
isaacsmommy68
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2013 at 1:13 PM

www.similac.com

It doesnt give you much information. You go around in a circle and get no answers. Maybe send a msg to the company asking them.

Quoting AudlyLuvly:

Link?

Quoting mostlymaydays:

Bookoholic
by Member on May. 13, 2013 at 1:16 PM
When I read that it minds me of the formula I had to supplement with Ds because he was preemie and drs wanted to give him extra calories.
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on May. 13, 2013 at 1:39 PM
2 moms liked this

She (part of Lakeshore Medical Breastfeeding CLinic practice) posted this on facebook:

So now Similac's "empowerment" campaign makes a little more sense. It appears to be the launch point for a new product. They added prebiotics to the formula in the form of oligosaccharides, an extremely important component of breastmilk. But they aren't the same oligosaccharides and the oligosaccharides in breastmilk work in concert with things like Toll Like Receptors and other ingredients of colostrum and mature milk which aren't in the new product. Just adding oligosaccharides to a product is not likely to improve any outcome. If we need to supplement, first know why, and then, use pumped milk, donor milk, and if need be, a cheap formula. (You don't need to pay for their or any other expensive brand's marketing.)
Quoting AudlyLuvly:

Link?

Quoting mostlymaydays:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN