Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Help, stop nursing 12 mon

Posted by on Feb. 22, 2007 at 12:43 AM
  • 5 Replies
My dughter is12 mon i love to breast feed her but now i,m expcting ,so it become tiring thing to do  espicliy at night .i wonder if any one will help me how to stop?
please ,please
by on Feb. 22, 2007 at 12:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Jenn_5
by on Feb. 22, 2007 at 5:33 PM
My daughter will be one next week and last week I stopped nursing her. For 1 week I did not  nurse her during the day at all and then the following week my husband had 4 days of. I spend the next week on the couch and he sleep with her. She SLEEP THROUGH THE NIGHT:  ) Now she loves her cup and I am still drying up. Good luck and I suggest getting someone to care for your child at night we did the same with my son.
jarynsmom06
by on Feb. 24, 2007 at 9:32 AM
I would just let her wean on her own. A lot of times your milk goes away and they lose interest, however if she is fond of nursing, weaning her before she is ready may be hard on her. JMO
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Apr. 30, 2012 at 7:47 PM

I was there! I got pregnant when my son was 11 months old. He was a full time nurser at that age ( I introduced solids when he was about 12 months)  so weaning wasn't even a possibility so quickly.

My suggestion is to take weaning slowly and get the book "Adventures in Tandem breastfeeding" or borrow it. It souds like you want to wean, but even still this book is really helpful. As far as night weaning check out http://www.drjaygordon.com/ and look under night weaning or something like that. He has some very useful tips! Do you bedshare? For us we continued to bedshare when we were night weaning and then worked on getting my son in his own bed. If you need to message me about any questions you have please feel free :) congrats on your pregnancy!

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Apr. 30, 2012 at 7:50 PM

Quoting jarynsmom06:

I would just let her wean on her own. A lot of times your milk goes away and they lose interest, however if she is fond of nursing, weaning her before she is ready may be hard on her. JMO

thats very true. Weaning for us was very difficult for my son, especially my first son. For my experience my milk was going away, however my son still nursed as frequently (he was very attached to nursing) but he sure did eat a lot more solids!

juliakf333. Get yours at bighugelabs.com
Marti123
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 7:51 PM
Personally I would night wean, and then take it a day at a time. You may find that is more manageable!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN