Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Completely OT - Vaccines. PIOG

Posted by on May. 15, 2013 at 1:11 AM
  • 17 Replies
I know there has to be a few ladies on here who are privvy to vaccines. My little man is suppose to get the Hep B shot at his 2 month appointment on June 10th (they wanted to give it to him at birth but I refused) and I'm feeling really iffy about it...and any other vaccine in general since he's so little.

Does anyone have any advice/research on why I should or shouldn't let him get the vaccine? Is it even really necessary right now? Any help would be appreciated.
by on May. 15, 2013 at 1:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GoodyBrook
by Silver Member on May. 15, 2013 at 3:07 AM
4 moms liked this

If your DS is at risk for sexually transmitted diseases, by all means, get him vaccinated for Hep B.    ;)

If you're curious about vaccination information, there's an active CM group called "Choosing not to Vaccinate."  I'll see you over there!

Ptitchou
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2013 at 3:20 AM
It's not an STD;) it's passed by other bodily fluids as well, just more commonly transmitted via sex.

I don't opt to vax, just sharing that info. There are areas with an epidemic of hep b..and if I lived there, I probably would :)

Quoting GoodyBrook:

If your DS is at risk for sexually transmitted diseases, by all means, get him vaccinated for Hep B.    ;)

If you're curious about vaccination information, there's an active CM group called "Choosing not to Vaccinate."  I'll see you over there!

Ilaynasmommy
by on May. 15, 2013 at 5:46 AM
I vax on schedule. Ds being unvaxed scares me. Especially since there was a measles outbreak a few cities away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melindabelcher
by mel on May. 15, 2013 at 6:25 AM
1 mom liked this
The decision to vax or not vax should never be based on fear. If you are unsure you can delay until you research and make an educated choice.
I personally like the vaccine book by dr sears. Hes pro vax on a delayed schedule but I found the information very useful. Dr Sherri Tenpenny I believe has some info videos on youtube. Another book that always highly recommended is what your dr may not tell you about vaccines (?) I personally haven't read it yet.
Educate yourself on the diseases theres a great worksheet in one of the vaccine groups (either educate before you vaccinate or chosing not to vaccinate) it's time cosuming but it helped me to learn what the diseases I was vaccinating or not vaccinating against looked like.
Knowledge is power.
Ciaodarlings
by on May. 15, 2013 at 9:54 AM
Thanks ladies! Much appreciated. :-)
turttlemom
by Nayelli on May. 15, 2013 at 12:07 PM

I got Hep B when was toddler, like 3 years old, and it wasn't due sexual intercourse :S 

OP, I did delayed on vax, but do your own research. And GL I cried when DS got his vax

Quoting Ptitchou:

It's not an STD;) it's passed by other bodily fluids as well, just more commonly transmitted via sex.

I don't opt to vax, just sharing that info. There are areas with an epidemic of hep b..and if I lived there, I probably would :)

Quoting GoodyBrook:

Ciaodarlings
by on May. 15, 2013 at 12:09 PM
Thank you. Can I ask how you got Hep B at 3?

Quoting turttlemom:

I got Hep B when was toddler, like 3 years old, and it wasn't due sexual intercourse :S 

OP, I did delayed on vax, but do your own research. And GL I cried when DS got his vax

Quoting Ptitchou:

Quoting GoodyBrook:

FarmGirl2B
by on May. 15, 2013 at 12:24 PM
I have chosen to delay. I know you shouldn't vaccinate when they are sick and he has gotten sick the day after both well baby appointments.
turttlemom
by Nayelli on May. 15, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Don't really know, my mom thinks it was hep A, that you can get with polluted water, because I sneaked out of house, when I was 3 my mom had 2 other babies as well. But B is what it says on my Med file and "how it was treated" . Anyway for that matter I have to have blood draw every other year to check all 3 or 4 types of Hep. It is not something I enjoy though. Also got checked 3 times while pregnant.
Quoting Ciaodarlings:

Thank you. Can I ask how you got Hep B at 3?

Quoting turttlemom:

Quoting Ptitchou:

Quoting GoodyBrook:

AudlyLuvly
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2013 at 12:57 PM
I'm choosing to delay, if I choose to vax at all. I don't see how injecting my infant with chemicals laced with disease at such a young age is healthy, plus ive heard they don't even have the ability to create immunities that young. I wont reconsider until we've weaned (hopefully at or after 2, he's only 4 1/2 months now).
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)