Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

media fail

Posted by on May. 15, 2013 at 9:29 AM
  • 4 Replies
I was watching The Morning news. Guess the lady wrote a book called bottled up. AnywAys I thought they were going to tAlk About breAstfeeding but insteAd they sAid something totAlly different. She Said that there'S really no difference between bottle feeding and breaStfeeding and parentS Shouldn't feel guilty for formula feeding. Encouraging people just to get the formula. Quote, there is a whoLe generation that's just fine due to formuLa"
Really..fine....obesety skyrocketed in All kinds of things like stomach/digestion..allergies...etc...i can go on and on. How many kids do you know tHat are eitHer on allergy medicine or reflux medicine or botH. And yeAh it does it meAn if you breAstfeed your children will AutomAticAlly not hAve these issues but they mAy hAve less issues. I would not breastfed so there is already a formula "error "imprint in my body.

I don't bash people for formula feeding; I had to use formula for like a month after surgery. But don't act like its fine, normal, and that there's no risk involved. The more The benefiT to mom ThaT breasTfeeds. If breast feedIng was It supposed to be part of our lIves we would have not evolved wIth breast.
And yeAh A womAn shouldn't feel guilty for formulA feeding it doesn't define you As A pArent, but don't hAve blinders on. FormulA feeding is ArtificiAlly feeding.

Just read the ingredients the first ingredient is vegetable oil! how is that normal...and ok
by on May. 15, 2013 at 9:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on May. 15, 2013 at 9:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Put a comment on their Facebook page. Stations do actually look at that.

villagemamma
by Member on May. 15, 2013 at 9:48 AM

Had i know then what i known when my DD was born what i know now about breast feeding and bottle feeding i feel like things would have gone so much smoother for us. DD and i struggled a lot in the beginning because my milk didnt come in for several days after she was born. The hospital had me convinced that my baby was going to starve if i didnt give her a bottle. of course being a new and young mother i caved and gave it to her. She ended up being one of those babies that ones they got the taste for bottle and formula, breastfeeding never interested her again. I tried for over two months to pump and supplement in breast milk whenever i could. In some ways i felt like my ignorance and willingness to just believe the "professionals" robbed me of a beautiful bounding experience with my daughter.

MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on May. 15, 2013 at 3:25 PM
Did they not check her info?? Seriously she said there were no benefits to breastfeeding and not even to try!!?? I'd leave a comment like Gina said or call the station to complain.
moroccanmommy
by Robin on May. 15, 2013 at 4:05 PM
No they did actually say not to try. They said theres no real differance.

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

Did they not check her info?? Seriously she said there were no benefits to breastfeeding and not even to try!!?? I'd leave a comment like Gina said or call the station to complain.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN