Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

11 months and still going

Posted by on May. 16, 2013 at 5:26 PM
  • 18 Replies
1 mom liked this

So, I have been nursing for 11 months now. My LO turns a year old next month and I will probably continue to nurse after that. I've been feeling pressure to wean but I am just not ready to wean...and I'm positive my son isn't ready to wean either.

CafeMom Tickers
by on May. 16, 2013 at 5:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JenniferMiller0
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2013 at 5:31 PM

IrishIz
by Silver Member on May. 16, 2013 at 6:52 PM
1 mom liked this

The benefits don't stop so if you are comfortable with keeping at breastfeeding...keep going.  

Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on May. 16, 2013 at 8:39 PM
Yay!
LilliansMama27
by Candy on May. 16, 2013 at 8:42 PM

Yay! That's awesome :) Before this group I only had the goal of getting to the 1 year mark, but knowing what I know now I will continue past 1 year if I can and wean when dd and I are ready to :)

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on May. 16, 2013 at 10:32 PM
Way to go! :-) He's adorable!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
trendy2
by on May. 16, 2013 at 10:33 PM
I never thought I would go past a year. That was before I got to 9 months and I'm just not ready to stop. I know she's not. She nurses every 3 hours around the clock.
JenniferMiller0
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2013 at 10:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Haha. My son is the same way! He loves his momma's boo-boos. He still nurses to sleep every night and wakes several times during the night to eat.

Quoting trendy2:

I never thought I would go past a year. That was before I got to 9 months and I'm just not ready to stop. I know she's not. She nurses every 3 hours around the clock.

CafeMom Tickers
PolishMamma2
by Marta on May. 16, 2013 at 11:28 PM
Good for you. Don't worry about what people say. Its no body's buisness but yours and your baby's. And just so you know the World Health Organization recommends BFEEDING for atleast 2 years.
JenniferMiller0
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2013 at 12:38 PM

Really? Didn't know that. I just wish my husband would be a little less pushy when it comes to weaning. lol

Quoting PolishMamma2:

Good for you. Don't worry about what people say. Its no body's buisness but yours and your baby's. And just so you know the World Health Organization recommends BFEEDING for atleast 2 years.

CafeMom Tickers
jbosworth
by on May. 17, 2013 at 12:48 PM
I bf dd1 until she was 2, we were just doing night feeding for the last 6 months. And got pregnant with dd2 within the same month :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN