Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

custody battle and breastfeeding.

Posted by on May. 18, 2013 at 12:05 PM
  • 100 Replies
1 mom liked this
Dd bio-dad has decied he wants weekend visits. (He left when I got pregnant and just came back around, she's 11 mo) I said no bc she is still nursing every 2-3 hours. So I hired an attorney and we will be going to court. I don't want my child robbed of her love of nursing and all the benefits of it. Anyone else ever go through this? Any advice?
by on May. 18, 2013 at 12:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on May. 18, 2013 at 12:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Im.pretty sure they will not seperate a nursing child.from.their.mom. they may decide to allow visitations with you there. im glad you hired an attorney too!
leakymommy
by on May. 18, 2013 at 12:15 PM
I hope not! My goal is for her to self wean. I explained it to biodad and he agreed. His mother is an LPN and totally screwed it up. Said I shouldn't have ever bf, "formula is made by drs and is better"
He doesn't really want to see her anyway, just fight me.

Quoting Precious333:

Im.pretty sure they will not seperate a nursing child.from.their.mom. they may decide to allow visitations with you there. im glad you hired an attorney too!

Tckosdk.2012
by Bronze Member on May. 18, 2013 at 12:30 PM
1 mom liked this

I've heard of special rules with visitation & breastfeeding. From what I understand the courts will work with you & breastfeeding. They might just have him come see you two while you are still nursing until you wean.

Ciaodarlings
by on May. 18, 2013 at 12:32 PM
6 moms liked this
Excuse my language, but his mother MUST be a dumbass. I can't even wrap my mind around her logic.

Quoting leakymommy:

I hope not! My goal is for her to self wean. I explained it to biodad and he agreed. His mother is an LPN and totally screwed it up. Said I shouldn't have ever bf, "formula is made by drs and is better"

Quoting Precious333:

leakymommy
by on May. 18, 2013 at 12:34 PM
That's what I assumed. All of my friends are telling me otherwise, NONE of them bf. My lawyer said it will probably be a year before we go to court anyway. I highly doubt he will try and see her during that time. Wonder if that will play any part?

Quoting Tckosdk.2012:

I've heard of special rules with visitation & breastfeeding. From what I understand the courts will work with you & breastfeeding. They might just have him come see you two while you are still nursing until you wean.

leakymommy
by on May. 18, 2013 at 12:36 PM
Uhhh...yeah. she also thinks dd will be a lesbian now. This woman also constantly sets her disabled gd on kitchen counters only to hav e her fall off. But of course she's in the medical field so she knows EVERYTHING.

Quoting Ciaodarlings:

Excuse my language, but his mother MUST be a dumbass. I can't even wrap my mind around her logic.

Quoting leakymommy:

Quoting Precious333:

Ciaodarlings
by on May. 18, 2013 at 12:38 PM
What???

1.) Why does she think your DD will be a lesbian?
2.) Who the hell would let her watch their child if she's that irresponsible? That's ridiculous.

Quoting leakymommy:

Uhhh...yeah. she also thinks dd will be a lesbian now. This woman also constantly sets her disabled gd on kitchen counters only to hav e her fall off. But of course she's in the medical field so she knows EVERYTHING.

Quoting Ciaodarlings:

Quoting leakymommy:

Quoting Precious333:

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on May. 18, 2013 at 12:38 PM
Wow! Praying about your situation. It sounds like bio dad may be getting his act together, Im hoping his mom doesnt have an influence on him, she sounds like a troubled woman.

Quoting leakymommy:

Quoting Ciaodarlings:

Quoting leakymommy:

Quoting Precious333:

K8wizzo
by Kate on May. 18, 2013 at 12:39 PM

They may grant visitation for daytime (or even overnights after a year) and ask that you pump and send milk.  aehanrahan has some experience with this stuff.

Quoting leakymommy:

That's what I assumed. All of my friends are telling me otherwise, NONE of them bf. My lawyer said it will probably be a year before we go to court anyway. I highly doubt he will try and see her during that time. Wonder if that will play any part?

Quoting Tckosdk.2012:

leakymommy
by on May. 18, 2013 at 12:42 PM
Apparently, allowing a girl to nurse as long as them want makes them have a breadt fixation, therefore....a lesbian. Haha.. I was in shock....

Quoting Ciaodarlings:

What???

1.) Why does she think your DD will be a lesbian?

2.) Who the hell would let her watch their child if she's that irresponsible? That's ridiculous.

Quoting leakymommy:

Quoting Ciaodarlings:

Quoting leakymommy:

Quoting Precious333:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN