Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

how much is too much?

Posted by on May. 20, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 4 Replies
Poop that is? I had my son Tuesday May 14th he is ebf. I don't know how long he nurses, only that he nurses about every two hours. Things seem to be going actually really great I have minimal pain his latch doesn't hurt and i don't suspect any sort of tie. The thing I'm not sure about is he seems to poop a lot, like four or five times a day, i know you look for two quarter size per day, which he has, but then he has a couple more. Poop is yellow and seedy. i just want to make sure this doesn't signal a problem for us, he is my second and i want to nurse him longer than i did his brother, which was five months. Thanks in advance for any advice!
by on May. 20, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
K8wizzo
by Kate on May. 20, 2013 at 12:03 AM

That's perfect! :)  He's doing well, Mama!  Output is a good indicator of input and his 4-5 poops a day mean that he's getting plenty of breastmilk.  Continue to nurse on demand.

SadieJames
by Sarah on May. 20, 2013 at 12:09 AM

Sounds good! Dd pooped almost every single time she ate for awhile.  Now, at four months, she goes about every 3 days.

polkaspots
by Gold Member on May. 20, 2013 at 12:09 AM
It's supposed to be like that. Congrats on the new baby!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shortyali
by Alicia on May. 20, 2013 at 3:04 AM
First off Congrats!!!!

Like said above its 100% normal in the beginning for them to poop before, during and after every feeding in the beginning. Just means they are getting plenty if milk. Eventually they do slow down on pooping. Group record is just over 20 days with no poop, lol. Once your supply regulates and baby's system becomes normal, they will use 99% of what goes in so little to no poop waste.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)