Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would this help?

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 3:49 AM
  • 9 Replies

My oldest, Victor, is sick. He has a cough that just wont seem to quit. He's on allergy medications and was sick with a cough from about September till February, off and on. He had one bout with pneumonia, chicken pox, among other things. Its also his first year of preschool. He was a FF baby. When Nathan was born, he stopped getting sick! WOO HOO! We were so happy. Now he's got a cough again that wont seem to go away. We've tried inhalations, literally everything. Would giving him some expressed breastmilk in a cup be, A. weird and B. helpful? What do you ladies think? That is, if I can get him to drink it. I dont think he'll be up for it. 

by on May. 24, 2013 at 3:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
gdiamante
by Gina on May. 24, 2013 at 3:59 AM

A. No. NOT weird. We get asked this quite often!

B. Possibly. It cannot hurt!

shortyali
by Alicia on May. 24, 2013 at 5:17 AM
Not weird at all. I give mommy milk to my older 2 when they are sick. I get them to take it like a large shot, lol. I have small 3oz cups that I pour maybe 1.5oz per cup. If info anymore then they start to question it. Then I tell them to drink it all at once. I just don't let them see that I just have them either some of the frozen milk or that I just poured a bottle into the cups. If they saw that then it would be a show stopper.
It may help him.
Thunderbug75
by Amanda on May. 24, 2013 at 7:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Give it a try!  Can't hurt....right?

JadeTigr7
by Crystal on May. 24, 2013 at 8:13 AM
1 mom liked this
I've expressed milk for my older children before when they are sick. It's rare, but it happens. I believe it's helped.
K8wizzo
by Kate on May. 24, 2013 at 8:43 AM
1 mom liked this

A. not weird at all (it hides pretty easily in a 50/50 mix with cow's milk or almond milk)

B. probably would be helpful

K8wizzo
by Kate on May. 24, 2013 at 8:45 AM
1 mom liked this

btw, fresh milk will be better than frozen milk for this--it still has all of the immune-support "good stuff" intact.

amc103
by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:54 AM

Cool! THank you! Im going to give it a try!

Quoting gdiamante:

A. No. NOT weird. We get asked this quite often!

B. Possibly. It cannot hurt!

amc103
by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:55 AM

Oh nice! Im going to do that too. LIke james bond 007...I'll be stealth about it! LOL!

Quoting shortyali:

Not weird at all. I give mommy milk to my older 2 when they are sick. I get them to take it like a large shot, lol. I have small 3oz cups that I pour maybe 1.5oz per cup. If info anymore then they start to question it. Then I tell them to drink it all at once. I just don't let them see that I just have them either some of the frozen milk or that I just poured a bottle into the cups. If they saw that then it would be a show stopper.
It may help him.

amc103
by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:56 AM

Thanks ladies! Im going to give it a try today after preschool! Im hoping to be discrete about it. Hopefully he'll take it and it will help! HUGS!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)