Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Okay cafe mom, what's the deal....

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:15 AM
  • 15 Replies
Anyone else noticing all the umm sensitive breastfeeding articles from the stir floating around today?!?

One even recommends supplementing with formula in the beginning!!!
by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Baby_Avas_Momma
by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:27 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm guessing it's been a while since there's been drama in here, they must feel the need to piss members off and give outsiders an opportunity to wander in with their theatrics and 2 cents because this is a public group.... that's just my theory though lol ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsbrand
by Member on May. 24, 2013 at 8:30 AM

LMAO Yes!! It makes me want to slam my head into the keyboard!! At least hey don't claim to be an unbiased reporting source. 

gumeshoe
by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:34 AM

I replied to the one that said we only breastfeed because of how we want to appear as mothers. That would never be enough reason to stick it out. That is maybe a reason for those who start and fail but never really tried. I know several of those.

briebaby123
by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Dude. I've noticed...I think things just got a tad slow...so they thought they'd "Stir" it up

Cafe Jenn
by on May. 24, 2013 at 9:03 AM
4 moms liked this

They are there to generate conversation within this group. We do NOT feature them outside the group. 

Something to keep in mind-while you may 'know better' than to fall for what many of these articles say- there are the same number of moms who are in this group who just read posts who don't. By posting these articles here, it generates conversation within the group-often disproving what the article says and helps mom who aren't comfortable posting in the group to see that not everything they hear is true.

There are almost 4500 members of this group and only a fraction of the members post, however many, many, many more who read and learn from your posts/replies. 

We seriously do not have an alternative motive, other than to generate conversation amongst the members of the group. If we did, we would be featuring the posts outside this group on the homepage. 

Please feel free to send me any questions or concerns. 

isaacsmommy68
by on May. 24, 2013 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this

It is called The Stir for a reason!

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on May. 24, 2013 at 10:19 AM

They may only be featured here but they are published on the main stir page though right? My friend isnt even a member of CM but she reads the stir all the time and posts the same articles.

Cafe Jenn
by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:32 AM

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

They may only be featured here but they are published on the main stir page though right? My friend isnt even a member of CM but she reads the stir all the time and posts the same articles.

Yes, the article can always be found on the Stir itself. When I post the article in the group, they are always linked via the title. Everyone here is welcomed to reply on the actual Stir article by clicking on the link. It's another way to get the word out that what is posted isn't always fact.

Ms.Pteranodon
by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:51 AM
It wasn't so much the article you posted that bothered me. I can see how that article can start a walthy discussion in this group. But articles advertised within that article.

I do not agree with the latest Stir story about early supplementing can lead to successful breastfeeding. It's very misleading! And the way it was titled was very insulting.

Quoting Cafe Jenn:

They are there to generate conversation within this group. We do NOT feature them outside the group. 

Something to keep in mind-while you may 'know better' than to fall for what many of these articles say- there are the same number of moms who are in this group who just read posts who don't. By posting these articles here, it generates conversation within the group-often disproving what the article says and helps mom who aren't comfortable posting in the group to see that not everything they hear is true.

There are almost 4500 members of this group and only a fraction of the members post, however many, many, many more who read and learn from your posts/replies. 

We seriously do not have an alternative motive, other than to generate conversation amongst the members of the group. If we did, we would be featuring the posts outside this group on the homepage. 

Cafe Jenn
by on May. 24, 2013 at 12:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh. I get it now. I don't always notice those links. I will make a point of checking them and if need be removing them in the future. I am also going to try to post some other Stir articles that aren't always geared towards breastfeeding either- something that is lighthearted and fun.

I am removing the links from today's articles. My apologies for not noticing them.

Quoting Ms.Pteranodon:

It wasn't so much the article you posted that bothered me. I can see how that article can start a walthy discussion in this group. But articles advertised within that article.

I do not agree with the latest Stir story about early supplementing can lead to successful breastfeeding. It's very misleading! And the way it was titled was very insulting.

Quoting Cafe Jenn:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)