Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Q about pregnancy during or shortly after breastfeeding

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:20 AM
  • 4 Replies

I am currently 6 weeks pregnant (yay!), with baby #3. I stopped breastfeeding #2 about 2 months ago. I've noticed that my breasts have hardly been sore at all, which is very unusual for me. With my first two it was horrible! I could under barely wear a bra at all, starting the day I found out. Now it's just slight twinges every once in a while. Is this because I was breastfeeding until so recently? I'm still producing milk a little bit, I can still squeeze some milk out if I try (not that I do this often). Are they less sore because they have less "preparing" to do? Or do you think it's something to ask my doctor about? Did any of you experience this while you were breastfeeding and pregnant?

by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
JadeTigr7
by Crystal on May. 24, 2013 at 10:25 AM

I never really had breast soreness at all with any of my pregnancies, so I'm not sure.

Every pregnancy though has different symptoms, so I doubt it's anything to worry about. 

asaffell
by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:37 AM

Not something to worry about. Every pregnancy is different - so lack of a symptom isn't really concerning.

confused632
by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:43 AM

Sounds about like what I had with my last 2 pregnancies.....Got pregnant with #3 while still nursing and dried up completely and they were sore.  Got pregnant with #4 just after weaning to night feedings with #3 and yes they got hard at times and hurt.  It leveled out after a couple weeks as I weaned #3 completely.  I had milk all through the rest of the pregnancy but didn't leak.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on May. 24, 2013 at 11:03 AM

Pregnancies are different each time..dont worry

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)