Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

very depressed OT

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:38 AM
  • 8 Replies
My bf called me with very sad news . His mom just found out she has liver cancer. She doesn't have money for treatment because she so doesn't have cancer. I can't stop crying. I love this woman. Shes the only one in his family that stood up for me when I told them I was breastfeeding. I consider her a mom.
by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Precious333
by Group Admin - Julia on May. 24, 2013 at 10:43 AM
Hugs! Im so sorry! I will be praying!
My friend who.i have known since i was three, her mom just found out she has stage four lung cancer.
mama-smurf
by Felisha on May. 24, 2013 at 10:47 AM
Omg I'm so sorry. I'm just upset. It was hard to decipher what my nLbf said. I think even with treatment it won't help. I wish I could help her.

Quoting Precious333:

My friend who.i have known since i was three, her mom just found out she has stage four lung cancer.

Precious333
by Group Admin - Julia on May. 24, 2013 at 10:52 AM
I know how you feel. Just be there for her and pray.

Quoting mama-smurf:

Omg I'm so sorry. I'm just upset. It was hard to decipher what my nLbf said. I think even with treatment it won't help. I wish I could help her.

Quoting Precious333:

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on May. 24, 2013 at 11:02 AM

If she has cancer she can get medicare or medicaid totake care of her health.  My step mom had the same problem she had no money and no insurance.

mama-smurf
by Felisha on May. 24, 2013 at 11:09 AM
i didn't know that . I text my bf but he's refusing to talk about it.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

If she has cancer she can get medicare or medicaid totake care of her health.  My step mom had the same problem she had no money and no insurance.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on May. 24, 2013 at 11:40 AM

My step mom got treatment from UNC chapel hill hospitals for free!

Quoting mama-smurf:

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

stepconfused182
by Kelley on May. 24, 2013 at 12:03 PM

How old is she? If she is under 65 but has a disability and has been receiving social security benefits, she may be able to qualify for Medicare. If she's not 65, she needs to apply for Medicaid if her income level is within her state's guidelines. If treatment will be beneficial to her, I hope she can find a way to get assistance. No one should have to accept a terminal diagnosis if it's only because you can't afford treatment. This breaks my heart. Does she know how advanced the cancer is yet?

Quoting mama-smurf:

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

mama-smurf
by Felisha on May. 24, 2013 at 1:38 PM
Idk how old she is. We just know she has liver cancer. We don't know the severity of it. I told her i can donate but she refuses because of the kids.

Quoting stepconfused182:

How old is she? If she is under 65 but has a disability and has been receiving social security benefits, she may be able to qualify for Medicare. If she's not 65, she needs to apply for Medicaid if her income level is within her state's guidelines. If treatment will be beneficial to her, I hope she can find a way to get assistance. No one should have to accept a terminal diagnosis if it's only because you can't afford treatment. This breaks my heart. Does she know how advanced the cancer is yet?

Quoting mama-smurf:

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)