Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ready to crawl?

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:53 PM
  • 7 Replies

My daughter is acting like she is wanting to crawl! She will be 5 months old next week.  What are some things we can do to encourage it? She's not sitting up yet so she's still a little floppy.

by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MommyO2-6631
by on May. 24, 2013 at 2:56 PM
We just put toys all around my son in the floor. Eventually he got up on his hands and knees after a couple weeks of army crawling and went after the toys *shrugs*
SewingMamaLele
by Leanne on May. 24, 2013 at 2:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Don't!!  Haha... it's all over once they can crawl.  Leave her be!

:)

Ms.Pteranodon
by on May. 24, 2013 at 3:01 PM
Vetch has the really cool ball called move and crawl. It spins around and sings.

DS in only 4 months and he loves it. He scoots after it all the time.
Koux
by on May. 24, 2013 at 3:16 PM
I'm so not a fan of the crawling stage. I mean, every milestone is fun and exciting because it means they're growing up, but crawling isn't my favorite. I love it when they can sit up, and I love it when they start walking, but crawling is so inconvenient! They're no longer content to sit still and be held, but they can't be crawling around on dirty floors or the ground either. Going out in public is just kind of awkward until they start walking. Then it gets much easier.

Ok, rant over. If you want to help her out, you can put fun toys she likes just out of her reach, and she'll roll or scoot to get it. She'll be crawling before you know it though, whether you help her out or not! :) enjoy it while you can!
mckinneymom918
by on May. 24, 2013 at 5:34 PM
She'll crawl when she's ready.
mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on May. 24, 2013 at 7:05 PM
Haha, seriously!! With the first baby it's like "yay, it's so exciting he's crawling". With later babies its like "oh, crap, he's scrawling! Where did he go?!" and then you keep plopping them back on their bottoms every time they try to stand. ;-)

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

Don't!!  Haha... it's all over once they can crawl.  Leave her be!

:)

Zazayam
by Nicki on May. 24, 2013 at 7:44 PM

Haha this is me... Oh look they're ready to crawl, gogogo then a month or so later begging them to just sit still, lol.

I just kept putting toys a little out of reach, we worked on sitting before crawling though. I don't think it really matters what you do, she'll take off as soon as she's ready :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)