Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

embarrassing question....relactation

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 3:18 PM
  • 6 Replies
Ok ladies i need some help. I qas told you ladies arent judgemental and very helpful so i hope that holds true!

Dd turned 6 weeks yesterday. I bf'd 2 days while in hospital then switched to ff because t was hard and she was having a hard time. The day i was discharged from the hospital i became very ill. I was vomiting and didnt eat for 6 days and was severely dehydrated i physically couldnt lift her to nurse plus i was in & out of hospital getting fluids so i couldnt even try really to nurse. Well now i want too. Now that im all better and feeling myself. But is it too late? Im afraid it is....any advice
by on May. 24, 2013 at 3:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Koux
by on May. 24, 2013 at 3:22 PM
Not embarrassing at all! There are many ladies on here knowledgeable about relactation. personally I would put "relactation" in the post title so they know what you're talking about. I don't know much about it, but I don't think it's too late! Many women can induce lactation without ever having breastfed before, but it will take a lot of effort and time. Good luck!
bebe_ju-rah
by on May. 24, 2013 at 3:24 PM
http://kellymom.com/bf/got-milk/relactation/

Good for you for trying!! Here is a helpful link :)
Kennadismom
by on May. 24, 2013 at 3:27 PM

BUMP!

amc103
by on May. 24, 2013 at 3:59 PM

You can totally do it! Im not sure how, but there are other ladies here who have posted about it..I would think since your LO is yours and still so young, it would be easier than someone who say is adopting and hasent nursed in years. Good luck! And good for you for choosing to nurse again! Its really rewarding!

gdiamante
by Gina on May. 24, 2013 at 4:49 PM
2 moms liked this

Six weeks? Pish. Give us a hard one. **grin** If your breasts were not surgically removed during that time, it's quite possible. We've had moms successfully relactate after MONTHS of not nursing. You've been given good info already. That relactation link is golden.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on May. 24, 2013 at 7:50 PM

You have boobs? YOu can nurse!! Make sure you are not on any birth control and check out the links others shared!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)