Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ugh i give up

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:23 PM
  • 29 Replies

So I'm an old reg on this other site called Moco. One of the girls there has a child I'd say around 2 or 3 mnths or younger. her daughters pediatrician told her to give her daughter 3 to 4 oz of water. So i step in and say NO never give her water. she can die due to water intoxication....then we get that one ignorant twat that says "i did it with my kids and theyre fine. I had to do it due to my child being constipated. blaah blaah blaah. We have old remedies that we used back in the day and our kids survived. little water will help not hurt them" O..M..G... i showed her research backing up that water is bad and she still ignores it stating it's fine just because her kids had water as babies and they're alive and well. ugh! It's like talking to a brick wall. HELLO LEARN BETTER KNOW BETTER!!!!! Research is here to helps us learn from our mistakes and to better ourselves.  NOT to blindly and ignorantly ignore it. UGH. i pray the OP doens't listen to her pedi and give her daughter water frustrated

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
A.J.s_mommy
by Member on May. 24, 2013 at 11:33 PM
You can't change everyone's opinions. Provide facts and if they choose to ignore it...well at least you tried. People always think their way is the best way.
JadeTigr7
by Crystal on May. 24, 2013 at 11:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I hate when people insist on giving dangerous advice.

mama-smurf
by Felisha on May. 24, 2013 at 11:38 PM

it's just so stupid though! i'm trying to help and they're giving bad advice. ugh! facts aren't good enough for them. I give up. This is what she said in response and there's another girl defending her stating " i listen to my doc NOT google" ugh

idk if i will get in trouble if i copy n paste what she said. basically, she was spewin ignorance. smh.

Quoting A.J.s_mommy:

You can't change everyone's opinions. Provide facts and if they choose to ignore it...well at least you tried. People always think their way is the best way.

mama-smurf
by Felisha on May. 25, 2013 at 12:00 AM

and the ignorance goes on. smh. i can't believe people. a supposed midwife says water intoxication is rare in babies over 3 weeks. even if that's true why risk it?

mama-smurf
by Felisha on May. 25, 2013 at 12:02 AM

and im really pissed off by this girl. i told her you can't listen to doctors. i had to go to 8 diff doctors and they said mydaughters lip tie wasn't a big deal. she goes on saying spit like "just cuz ur child has a deformity and got wrong advice doesnt  mean eveeryones will. get off ur high horse, ur not all knowing" no i not all knowing but if u got the facts, yes...yes u are!

Quoting JadeTigr7:

SadieJames
by on May. 25, 2013 at 12:04 AM
1 mom liked this

All you can do is leave your advice, cite sources and walk away.  People lurk a lot so even if the OP doesn't listen to you maybe someone else will learn.  

JadeTigr7
by Crystal on May. 25, 2013 at 12:13 AM

Gee, she sounds like a gem.

I guess I have a deformity too then, I've got a tongue and lip tie.  Pretty prominent too. 

Quoting mama-smurf:

and im really pissed off by this girl. i told her you can't listen to doctors. i had to go to 8 diff doctors and they said mydaughters lip tie wasn't a big deal. she goes on saying spit like "just cuz ur child has a deformity and got wrong advice doesnt  mean eveeryones will. get off ur high horse, ur not all knowing" no i not all knowing but if u got the facts, yes...yes u are!

Quoting JadeTigr7:

~Crystal~

Homeschooling Mama to James, Jade, Steven, Willow and Katara
Wifey to Michael since 3-30-05

mama-smurf
by Felisha on May. 25, 2013 at 12:26 AM

i hope so. the one girl said why should we listen to facts when we listened to it before and it bites us in the ass like birth control the major lawsuit and more... i stated AAP, and WHO and quoted some stuff. wish u could see this post. am i allowed to copy n paste link? 

Quoting SadieJames:

All you can do is leave your advice, cite sources and walk away.  People lurk a lot so even if the OP doesn't listen to you maybe someone else will learn.  

mama-smurf
by Felisha on May. 25, 2013 at 12:27 AM

ugh that bothers me. so in order to prove me wrong you make fun of an innocent baby? mature.

Quoting JadeTigr7:

Gee, she sounds like a gem.

I guess I have a deformity too then, I've got a tongue and lip tie.  Pretty prominent too. 

Quoting mama-smurf:

Quoting JadeTigr7:

SendMeBabyDust
by on May. 25, 2013 at 5:00 AM
I'm so sorry but can someone tell me why its not safe to give a baby water? what age is water appropriate. maybe it is because I spoke to other moms, they tell me babies can have water and rice cereal. everyone is so against me disagreeing with the rice cereal but that's a whole other discussion. I was told that my baby will be dehydrated. of course I know breast milk will be all baby needs for a while. but can someone please explain why???? .sorry I'm not very educated but now I'm curious.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)