Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

BFing in public problems..

Posted by on May. 26, 2013 at 8:10 PM
  • 16 Replies

So I don't have the biggest breasts. And when I wear a nursing bra, and take my boob out, it doesn't stay out -.- I don't have enough boob to hold the bra down so it continues sliding up causing me to be constantly readjusting...it's so frustrating. I haven't tried BFing in public yet because I'm afraid it's just going to be very difficult with trying to constantly keep my boob out. Also, my DD makes a holy mess with my breastmilk! She doesn't just latch on and stay on. She will latch on and drink some (as milk is dripping out of her mouth), let go for a minute (which makes my milk leak everywhere), then latch on again. I just feel like it's going to be such a pain...any advice? Also, how do you do it with your shirt?? Like...do you pull your arm out first? Or do you wear lower cut shirts and just lift your boob over it (which I won't even be able to do)?

by on May. 26, 2013 at 8:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mjimaging
by Silver Member on May. 26, 2013 at 8:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I think I'd go with a nursing top that pulls up, rather then down. You can get ones that kind of lift a layer and the second is underneath. You lift the top layer of the first, leaving the bottom layer down and there ya go. I wish I had a pic of it. It's hard to explain sometimes.
carranzasfaith
by on May. 26, 2013 at 8:14 PM
Personally I just raise my shirt up and over my breast but I also use a cover, plus I have large breasts 40ddd.
coffeemom37043
by Dare on May. 26, 2013 at 8:14 PM

yeah I have no idea what you mean but I'll try googling it lol

Quoting mjimaging:

I think I'd go with a nursing top that pulls up, rather then down. You can get ones that kind of lift a layer and the second is underneath. You lift the top layer of the first, leaving the bottom layer down and there ya go. I wish I had a pic of it. It's hard to explain sometimes.

coffeemom37043
by Dare on May. 26, 2013 at 8:15 PM

yeah when I do that, it just puts pressure on my whole boob making my milk come out faster

Quoting carranzasfaith:

Personally I just raise my shirt up and over my breast but I also use a cover, plus I have large breasts 40ddd.

mjimaging
by Silver Member on May. 26, 2013 at 8:18 PM
I have a nursing top like it at home, I'll try and take a pic or I'll see if I can google it too.

Quoting coffeemom37043:

Quoting mjimaging:

Ninjascreenname
by Member on May. 26, 2013 at 8:20 PM
I use the two shirt method. He's learned rhat when I take the strap off that he's going to get fed. :) I buy tee shirt bras and tuck the cup under my boob so it helps support it.
coffeemom37043
by Dare on May. 26, 2013 at 8:20 PM

I think I found one online but it just looks like a normal nursing bra pretty much. You just lift it up. Maybe I'm missing something though

http://www.motherhood.com/Product.asp?Product_Id=919780515&MasterCategory_Id=MC13

Quoting mjimaging:

I have a nursing top like it at home, I'll try and take a pic or I'll see if I can google it too.

Quoting coffeemom37043:

Quoting mjimaging:

coffeemom37043
by Dare on May. 26, 2013 at 8:20 PM

Whats the 2 shirt method??..

Quoting Ninjascreenname:

I use the two shirt method. He's learned rhat when I take the strap off that he's going to get fed. :) I buy tee shirt bras and tuck the cup under my boob so it helps support it.

mjimaging
by Silver Member on May. 26, 2013 at 8:22 PM
I would think something like this would work. Maybe if you have a motherhood maternity by you you could try it on.

http://www.motherhood.com/Product.asp?Product_Id=95045780362&MasterCategory_Id=MC29

Quoting coffeemom37043:

Quoting mjimaging:

mjimaging
by Silver Member on May. 26, 2013 at 8:24 PM
I'm thinking more of a nursing top. It will be more discreet. The two shirt method does work but I used nursing tanks under the second shirt.

Quoting coffeemom37043:

I think I found one online but it just looks like a normal nursing bra pretty much. You just lift it up. Maybe I'm missing something though

http://www.motherhood.com/Product.asp?Product_Id=919780515&MasterCategory_Id=MC13

Quoting mjimaging:

Quoting coffeemom37043:

Quoting mjimaging:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)