Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PLEASE HELP!!

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 1:31 AM
  • 22 Replies

hi!! so my baby is now 7 weeks old and im breastfeeding and also using a fedding tube for her to get formula attaced to my breast coming out of a bottle so im still getting the stimulatioon but im still only getting 2 ozor less every 2 hours :( and that is just not enuff for my baby! i tryed mothers milk tea and it gave my DD bad gas :(  so now in doing capsule lactation blend and fenugreek i eat oatmeal eeryday and pump when i can because i also have a 2 year old i go to a lactation consultant but i just need more advise i want to do this so bad! the lactation nurse told me it can be the way my brest are shaped...

i also got perscribed reglan and it started helping but i felt so gross i had tostop..

i just need advise! please help

by on May. 29, 2013 at 1:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SewingMamaLele
by Leanne on May. 29, 2013 at 1:32 AM

You're getting 2 oz every two hours via pumping, or... ?   What led you to begin supplementing?

mommy12711
by on May. 29, 2013 at 1:35 AM

yes from pumping when they did the whole weigh and i feed then weigh her again one time she got 2 oz and one time less... and my dd wasnt gaining weight she wasnt back to her birth weight by a month so they told me i needed to ( the doc && lacttion nurse)

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

You're getting 2 oz every two hours via pumping, or... ?   What led you to begin supplementing?

SewingMamaLele
by Leanne on May. 29, 2013 at 1:38 AM

One weigh feed weigh tells you very little... but, two oz is a perfectly normal amount.   Did they check for a tongue tie?   What's her complete weight history including lowest?

Quoting mommy12711:

yes from pumping when they did the whole weigh and i feed then weigh her again one time she got 2 oz and one time less... and my dd wasnt gaining weight she wasnt back to her birth weight by a month so they told me i needed to ( the doc && lacttion nurse)

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
mommy12711
by on May. 29, 2013 at 1:44 AM

weve done the weighing thin twice one time was 2 oz the next tine a couple weeks later was a little less... she was born 8lbs 10 oz and went down to 7.8 and at 4 weeks only was at 8.3 and she ws always fussy and frusterated with not getting much we still nurse every 2 hours besides at night we go about 4 hours without nursing. and what does tongue tie meen? her tongue wraps around my nipple and she gets alot in her mouth.

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

One weigh feed weigh tells you very little... but, two oz is a perfectly normal amount.   Did they check for a tongue tie?   What's her complete weight history including lowest?

Quoting mommy12711:

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

SewingMamaLele
by Leanne on May. 29, 2013 at 1:55 AM

Her weight really wasn't bad at all... were those weights on the same scale?   Nursing every 2 hours is normal... and 4 hours overnight is unheard of in some families!  :)   fussy and unsatisfied is normal for newborns.  Really, it sounds to me like your supply and baby were fine and normal.  I don't think you need the supplements for her or yourself.

Quoting mommy12711:

weve done the weighing thin twice one time was 2 oz the next tine a couple weeks later was a little less... she was born 8lbs 10 oz and went down to 7.8 and at 4 weeks only was at 8.3 and she ws always fussy and frusterated with not getting much we still nurse every 2 hours besides at night we go about 4 hours without nursing. and what does tongue tie meen? her tongue wraps around my nipple and she gets alot in her mouth.

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

Quoting mommy12711:

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

mommy12711
by on May. 29, 2013 at 1:59 AM

i just want her to be healthy and get enuff food for her little body!

its just hard

Quoting mommy12711:

hi!! so my baby is now 7 weeks old and im breastfeeding and also using a fedding tube for her to get formula attaced to my breast coming out of a bottle so im still getting the stimulatioon but im still only getting 2 ozor less every 2 hours :( and that is just not enuff for my baby! i tryed mothers milk tea and it gave my DD bad gas :(  so now in doing capsule lactation blend and fenugreek i eat oatmeal eeryday and pump when i can because i also have a 2 year old i go to a lactation consultant but i just need more advise i want to do this so bad! the lactation nurse told me it can be the way my brest are shaped...

i also got perscribed reglan and it started helping but i felt so gross i had tostop..

i just need advise! please help

ekh2010
by on May. 29, 2013 at 2:03 AM
Hi i hv an 8 week old we had a really rough start but now are ebf. A tongue tie means their tongue doesnt come out far enough...once clipPed baby gets a better latch increasing feedings....
I took reglan hated
it but did it for him taking fenugreek
and drinking mothers milk tea. Start
slowly decreasing formula
amount...oz less a day for a cpl then
another oz. Do you have a pump?
Pump 5 min after every feeding even
if nothing comes Out. Do skin to skin
often and i napped w him when
hubby got off work. We have a 5yo
also...hot showers or warm
compreses right before feeding.
Drink 64oz water at least.it wont be
easy but it is possible...good luck
I just now feel steady...took 7 weeks of hard work...its lonely and consuming...pm me if you need to talk im not the expert but i worked really hard didnt think id make it but glad i did and am willing to listen and help if i can
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrossStitchMum
by on May. 29, 2013 at 2:05 AM

Are you having this problem on both sides or just 1?

shortyali
by Alicia on May. 29, 2013 at 5:01 AM
Honestly sounds like you have a dr and LC problem not a supply problem. The weigh, feed, weigh would need to be done for every feeding for 24 hours to give you any useful data.
Pumping 2ozs is the high end of normal for both breast combined and a missed feeding. How are diapers without supplementing? At least 6-8 changes a day with heavy wets and poops counting as 2 diapers? Also if you do need to supplement why not use your own milk instead of formula?
NWMomtobe
by on May. 29, 2013 at 6:34 AM

I am on Domperidone and feel great. I had Mastitis and my left breast completely dried up. I feel totally fine. Can they switch you?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)