Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

How old were you when you breastfed your first baby?

Posted by   + Show Post

How old were you when you breastfed your first baby? How much did you really know about breastfeeding when you started?

I was 26 when I nursed my son the first time. I thought I knew a lot about breastfeeding at the time but then quickly realized that I didn't.

by on May. 29, 2013 at 9:43 AM
Replies (121-130):
jendigme
by on May. 30, 2013 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this
21, I know more this time around from experience and thanks to kellymom and this group I'm 26 now
SadiasMomma
by Member on May. 30, 2013 at 9:47 AM
1 mom liked this
I was 21 and knew absolutely nothing except that I wanted to do it. I don't even know what gave me the idea but I was determined! DD nursed for 18 months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amberk22
by on May. 30, 2013 at 9:49 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm NAK right now and I'm 22. I didn't do any research for anything but have been learning as I go. And the lactation nurses were a big help also.

ToolArmy066
by on May. 30, 2013 at 9:52 AM
1 mom liked this
23, i'm 25 now and i don't think my ds has any intention of stopping lol. All i knew is that i wanted to and didn't want to give him formula.
RTLB
by on May. 30, 2013 at 9:56 AM
1 mom liked this

I was 31, I did a lot of research before my daughters birth however I feel like with breastfeeding experience it teaches you the most.

Wife of Russell,Mommy of LindaRae 5 & Elise 10 month old:)
toddler girl
baby girl

graycalico
by Member on May. 30, 2013 at 10:11 AM
2 moms liked this

18, made it to 14 months with out a problem and I wish I hadn't weaned her then.

OBImomma
by Bronze Member on May. 30, 2013 at 10:19 AM
2 moms liked this
I was 23. I knew I was going to nurse my baby and nothing was going to stop me. Other than that...I didn't know a whole lot. But that's all I needed to know to get my stubborn baby to nurse. It took us 2.5 months. I pumped and fed him with a silicone cup after trying to nurse him until he finally got it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nmarshall
by on May. 30, 2013 at 10:27 AM
1 mom liked this

I was 21 when I first breastfed.  I had a lot of insight when I started because I am second oldest of 7 children and my mom breastfed all 7 of us.  I now have three children and still breastfeed my 18 month old even though I am slowly starting to ween him off.  With my first, I only breastfed until he was 9 months and then we he weened himself since I was working full time.  I did pump when I had gone back to work.  With my 2 1/2 year old daughter, I breastfed her until she was 13-14 months and then weened her off so I could have a little break before my youngest was born since they are 17 1/2 months apart.  

KendraCay
by Bronze Member on May. 30, 2013 at 10:31 AM
1 mom liked this

When she started nursing I was a month away from my 20th birthday. She will be 3 next month, and I'll be 23 the month after. There were things I needed to learn, but we made it this far and are still going. =)

catholicmamamia
by on May. 30, 2013 at 9:02 PM
1 mom liked this

20.. I was well educated. 

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)