Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnant mom looking for support

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 11:25 AM
  • 6 Replies

Hi ladies-

A pregnant mom posted this in the Welcome Post- Please offer her some help

Quote:

I was wondering how many mommies have used fenugreek? 
I've heard it works wonders! I'm in preterm labor at 28 weeks but they managed to stop my contractions- but incase I do deliver early, I wante some advice or suggestions for good milk supply and pumping schedule, etc.. 
Thanks in advance for any advice :)

by on May. 29, 2013 at 11:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Precious333
by Group Admin - Julia on May. 29, 2013 at 11:33 AM
Thanks!
Precious333
by Group Admin - Julia on May. 29, 2013 at 11:42 AM
1 mom liked this
If you deliver early, hopefully you wont need to, you will need to pump every 2 hours. Fenugreek, mothers milk tea, res raspberry tea leaf, placenta encapsulation and lactation cookies are ways to help help increase your supply after baby is born. If baby is born full term than have him/her nurse right after birth

Also seek help from an ibclc (lactation consultant). Many times doctors and nurses are not trained in human lactation, so a lactation consultant woukd be able to help you best.
K8wizzo
by Kate on May. 29, 2013 at 12:51 PM
1 mom liked this

If you do deliver early, you'll want to pump every 2 hours throughout the day and every 3 hours at night (aim for 10-12 pumping sessions per day).  You'll want to massage your breasts for a minute or two before pumping, and massage and do breast compressions while you are pumping (15-20 minutes or 5 minutes after you see the last drops of milk), then hand express after you pump.  Looking at picutres of your baby, video of him, and having a blanket that smells like him on your shoulder will help a great deal.  When my DS was in the NICU, we did a blanket exchange--we brought blankets from home to swaddle him in/lay him on and I put a blanket inside my bra/shirt.  When we left after a feeding, we'd trade so that he would be snuggled in a blanket that smelled like Mommy and I'd have a blanket that smelled like him.  We did that at every visit.

ChessyLatta
by on May. 29, 2013 at 1:26 PM
Thank you for being so helpful everyone. I will keep the blanket idea in mind :)
funhappymom
by on May. 29, 2013 at 2:47 PM

Quoting K8wizzo:

If you do deliver early, you'll want to pump every 2 hours throughout the day and every 3 hours at night (aim for 10-12 pumping sessions per day).  You'll want to massage your breasts for a minute or two before pumping, and massage and do breast compressions while you are pumping (15-20 minutes or 5 minutes after you see the last drops of milk), then hand express after you pump.  Looking at picutres of your baby, video of him, and having a blanket that smells like him on your shoulder will help a great deal.  When my DS was in the NICU, we did a blanket exchange--we brought blankets from home to swaddle him in/lay him on and I put a blanket inside my bra/shirt.  When we left after a feeding, we'd trade so that he would be snuggled in a blanket that smelled like Mommy and I'd have a blanket that smelled like him.  We did that at every visit.

That is a great idea ^^^ I'd never heard of that before but what a great thing to do for both of you.

K8wizzo
by Kate on May. 29, 2013 at 2:48 PM
1 mom liked this

My DS's main nurse was amazing.  She helped us all so much!  This was one of her ideas. :)

Quoting funhappymom:

Quoting K8wizzo:

That is a great idea ^^^ I'd never heard of that before but what a great thing to do for both of you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)