Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ready to quit

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 1:27 PM
  • 4 Replies

four days ago i had a minor accident with my horse. my hand got cought between a medle gate and a saddle. the wrist popped. and i lost all feeling in me fingertips. we drove in to the hospital to the er dep. well the lady came in and asked about my imsurence and i had to clearify that i did not forget my insurence cared i dont have any right now. 9 minuets later i was out. they wrapped the wrist, gave me all the paper work on a broken wrist refered me to a orthopedic speshilist and gave me a shit ton of pain pills. so trying to type all left handed and fuzzy on pills my normal horrid spelling is souper bad so i might need a translater. the orthopedic doc wants 150 just to look at my wrist and the x rays are 350 each one he takes. I cant get insurence untill my old man finds work.

and trying to brestfeed on top of it. i cant pick her up. or reposition her, my husband or my roommates have been helping reposition her. i keep taking minimal pain pills but the less pain pills i take the more i dont want to hold her but if i take more pills i hold her and feed her more. i am on loratab 10mg 2 every four hours but i have been taking one when the pain gets to much about every six hours. and on top of it my room mate keeps snikinking her formula so my supply is getting low anyways.just feeling vary vary defeated right now.

by on May. 29, 2013 at 1:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on May. 29, 2013 at 1:44 PM
Tell your roommate the formula is not helping. Will she lie down with.you and nurse? using a pillow on your lap will help if you're sitting up. You can use the football hold with your good ARM on the same side, then the cross cradle hold with the same over to the other side.
speidelboys
by on May. 29, 2013 at 2:00 PM

Quoting MusherMaggie:

Tell your roommate the formula is not helping. Will she lie down with.you and nurse? using a pillow on your lap will help if you're sitting up. You can use the football hold with your good ARM on the same side, then the cross cradle hold with the same over to the other side.

thats what i have been doing but the only places i am c omyfy on is my bed or the couch and the boys havent shut off minecrasft in days..

K8wizzo
by Kate on May. 29, 2013 at 2:46 PM

Take the pain pills that you need.  If you're comfy on the couch and the boys are already in the room, have them bring your daughter to you to nurse and then play with her on the floor while you rest.  They can sit on the floor to play video games.

Kayla-Kay2
by on May. 29, 2013 at 2:58 PM
Hugs mama!!! You can use a pillow in your lap to help support baby. You can also try side laying or football hold. I agree that the boys can sit on the floor while you nurse :) hang in there mama
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)