Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We leave today!!!!!

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 1:41 PM
  • 12 Replies
2 moms liked this
Finally!!! He hit close enough on his blood sugars that the doctor is comfortable with it. He nurses like a champ, I'm actually not producing quite enough to keep him happy yet. I just have to wait on the paper work and ask a few things, but im so frickin excited right now!!
by on May. 29, 2013 at 1:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on May. 29, 2013 at 1:45 PM
Yay! What a relief to finally be taking your baby HOME!
siergomez
by on May. 29, 2013 at 1:49 PM
Yes!!! I'm really nervous though, I won'thave the nurses to help me anymore and my husband has to leave for a couple of weeks.... but still soo excited

Quoting mostlymaydays:

roseblossom90
by on May. 29, 2013 at 1:52 PM

Yay! Happy for you both!

missyice
by on May. 29, 2013 at 2:03 PM
You will do fine! Any questions, you know where to come! So excited for you 2 going home!
mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on May. 29, 2013 at 2:17 PM
Hah and ugh, that was my second thought. But remember how well you advocated for your baby. No one will take better care of that baby than you. I know that feeling though, as I had to bring my one on home from the hospital after a week of frightening complications after he had his spleen removed (he was 8); you develop a "helplessness" and "dependence" on the doctors and nurses and are afraid of being without them. (Two years later and I still have a small emergency overnight bag ready in case we have to go back :-( It rattles you to your core a bit when your idealistic plans get shifted off your foundation.) But YOU GOT THIS!!! Try to enjoy that baby.

Quoting siergomez:

Yes!!! I'm really nervous though, I won'thave the nurses to help me anymore and my husband has to leave for a couple of weeks.... but still soo excited

Quoting mostlymaydays:

MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on May. 29, 2013 at 2:22 PM
Remember the diaper count. And that as soon as he gets happy, it will be time for another growth spurt!
siergomez
by on May. 29, 2013 at 2:34 PM
Yeah... its just been nice having someone to come help if I couldn't figure out what was wrong.... but I think my mommyness will kick in when its time.
Oh my goodness, I'm sorry, that had to be hard...

Quoting mostlymaydays:

Hah and ugh, that was my second thought. But remember how well you advocated for your baby. No one will take better care of that baby than you. I know that feeling though, as I had to bring my one on home from the hospital after a week of frightening complications after he had his spleen removed (he was 8); you develop a "helplessness" and "dependence" on the doctors and nurses and are afraid of being without them. (Two years later and I still have a small emergency overnight bag ready in case we have to go back :-( It rattles you to your core a bit when your idealistic plans get shifted off your foundation.) But YOU GOT THIS!!! Try to enjoy that baby.

Quoting siergomez:

Quoting mostlymaydays:

siergomez
by on May. 29, 2013 at 2:36 PM
I think I'm going to like... keep a log of his feedings and stuff for a while... at least until I'm more comfortable. Little dude eats like a horse now.

Quoting MusherMaggie:

Remember the diaper count. And that as soon as he gets happy, it will be time for another growth spurt!

MommyO2-6631
by on May. 29, 2013 at 2:59 PM
Better yet keep a log of his diapers. Forget about logging his feedings. There is spillage and spit up at the top end but what makes it to the other end is what's important. As long as he six diapers a day he is just fine. I tried logging my sons feedings with a bottle and freaked out because his doctor said he needed eight bottles a day and he would only ever take seven LOL.

Quoting siergomez:

I think I'm going to like... keep a log of his feedings and stuff for a while... at least until I'm more comfortable. Little dude eats like a horse now.

Quoting MusherMaggie:

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on May. 29, 2013 at 5:10 PM

HUGS momma, I am so happy for you

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)