Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DS isn't pooping.

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 4:41 PM
  • 9 Replies
DS will be 6 months in a week. He is EBF, no solids yet. Today is day 4 that he hasn't pooped. What is going on? He usually poops 2-3 times a day! He's not fussy and he doesn't even try to go so I don't think he's constipated. But I still tred massaging his tummy and pushing his legs up to his tummy but nothing. Idk what's wrong but im getting worried.
by on May. 29, 2013 at 4:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Ptitchou
by on May. 29, 2013 at 4:43 PM
Normal.
MamaToCollin
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2013 at 4:43 PM

Sounds like he's building up for a big one, lol.  It's normal.

Momma2013
by on May. 29, 2013 at 4:44 PM
Dr told me up to 2 weeks is OK. As long as they aren't acting constipated and still fart. I went through this after ds was 1/1.5 Months. I LOVE it, our new normal is 1-2 times a week and its awesome. :)
polkaspots
by on May. 29, 2013 at 4:46 PM
Totally normal. If he was constipated, you'd be able to tell. I would put a loose fitting onesie on him and bicycle his legs. When he does go, it's probably going to be massive and get everywhere. A onesie will keep in contained a bit more than a shirt and pants. It is normal to go a few days without pooping for bf babies. Ds was going four times a day and then it was every five days until he started eating more food. Now it's more like every other day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JordanCsMommy
by on May. 29, 2013 at 4:47 PM
Lol greatttt! Okay thank you its just never happened before so I was worried :)

Quoting MamaToCollin:

Sounds like he's building up for a big one, lol.  It's normal.

mommy2be0419
by on May. 29, 2013 at 4:51 PM

Thats pretty normal. Matt would go every 2 weeks then after we started solids it turned into once a week. He's still irregular but more like every few days now. As long as he's acting fine and dosent seem constipated he should be OK.

BoxxyBabee
by on May. 29, 2013 at 6:05 PM
Dang, I wish my kids didnt poop for days. Lol!
mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on May. 29, 2013 at 6:29 PM
My babies pooped once every 3-10 days by the time they were 3 months old. And when it hit, it hit. I had to change the baby's clothes, my own clothes, and drag out the carpet cleaner.
trendy2
by on May. 29, 2013 at 6:36 PM
Normal. My EBF DD went 21 days...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)