Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is there any reason?

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 5:19 PM
  • 10 Replies
That me frozen milk would make my baby throw up? She doesn't get it often, but she drank about an ounce today and through up. Last time I gave it to her she threw up too, a couple if months ago. It's been in the deep freezer and was from October, so it should be good. It smelled and tasted ok too. Just a coincidence? She almost never spits up.
by on May. 29, 2013 at 5:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on May. 29, 2013 at 6:33 PM

HIgh lipase issue?

eagerforbaby
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2013 at 6:36 PM
I do have high lipase, she doesn't mind the taste. I thought it was ok and only affected the taste?

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

HIgh lipase issue?

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on May. 29, 2013 at 6:44 PM

Quoting eagerforbaby:

I do have high lipase, she doesn't mind the taste. I thought it was ok and only affected the taste?

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

HIgh lipase issue?

Could be causing a tummy issue for your LO
eagerforbaby
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2013 at 7:39 PM
Do you think it would be ok to give it to her if I scald it? I hate for it to go waste. She'll be one soon, and though I'm not weaning her I did plan to let her drink it from a cup with meals and snacks.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Quoting eagerforbaby:

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

HIgh lipase issue?

melindabelcher
by mel on May. 29, 2013 at 8:23 PM

Could it be from the different flow of the bottle.

I was under the impression that high lipase doesn't cause tummy issues?

MommyO2-6631
by on May. 29, 2013 at 8:27 PM
That's what I was thinking. Sounds like a bottle issue. The milk is the same but it's coming out differently, faster, and possibly causing gas bubbles.

Quoting melindabelcher:

gumeshoe
by on May. 29, 2013 at 8:31 PM

When I pull a bottle from frozen I just let it melt to room temp. If I warm it, he seems to spit up a lot. Not sure what that is about, but figured out a way to make it work for the few times he gets a bottle.

eagerforbaby
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2013 at 8:44 PM
Hm, this time it was in a cup, last time it was her regular bottles though (Tommee tippe with a slow flow nipple). Not to sure, I hope it's not the milk:( I pumped at work, and she reverse cycles, so I have quite a bit of milk frozen.

Quoting melindabelcher:

stepconfused182
by Kelley on May. 29, 2013 at 10:25 PM
Scalding it after it's frozen won't have any effect on the taste or the composition in regards to what the lipase has already done to the milk. You have to scald it before storing. I don't think that's whats making her spit up. How are you preparing it?

Quoting eagerforbaby:

Do you think it would be ok to give it to her if I scald it? I hate for it to go waste. She'll be one soon, and though I'm not weaning her I did plan to let her drink it from a cup with meals and snacks.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Quoting eagerforbaby:

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

HIgh lipase issue?

eagerforbaby
by Bronze Member on May. 30, 2013 at 8:07 AM
I fill a mug with warm water, then put the bag in it until its warm.

Quoting stepconfused182:

Scalding it after it's frozen won't have any effect on the taste or the composition in regards to what the lipase has already done to the milk. You have to scald it before storing. I don't think that's whats making her spit up. How are you preparing it?

Quoting eagerforbaby:

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Quoting eagerforbaby:

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

HIgh lipase issue?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)