Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Heart hurts I think I may have caused my son to wean..UPDATE

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 6:24 PM
  • 27 Replies

He is newly 3 and I am 31 weeks preggers tomorrow, since colostrum came in he nurses every single night before bed, he had backed off to every other day for a while.  Saturday night he was latching on to nurse but then decided to move all over and in the process bit me BAD, I howled ow stop biting and he bit harder, I said it 3 more times and he bit 3 more times.  At this point he put his hand over my mouth so that he didnt have to hear me fussing at hime.  I grabbed his hand and told him you DO NOT put your hand over mommies mouth.  He broke latch and screamed and cried and refused to nurse anymore..which was fine.  Well everynight since then he has not asked to nurse and he even said nope no more milk.  He woke up in the middle of the night and told hubby I NEED boobies..he brought him to me and he laid his head on them but refused to nurse when I offered.  I'm scared I caused a strike that will be weaning.  It makes me sad because Friday night he nursed to sleep and it was wnderful but our LAST nursing I yelled at him and made him cry.  I just wat to cry.

Dont tell me its ok he is 3, you did a good job.  Thats not what I want to hear.  If he would nurse ONE last time and then be done I would be fine, its just I dont that as my or his last nursing memory if that makes sense.

Has this happened to anyone else and their LO not stop nursing and go back atleast once more?

UPDATE: He refused last night, but this morning he woke up before I headed to work, was snuggling in the glider(which is rare) and asked to nurse.  I was sure he would refuse once I started to pull up my shirt but nope, he nursed and even made me late to work lol.  He cried when I finally had to tell him I had to leave and he asked to have boobies when I got home!

by on May. 29, 2013 at 6:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama-smurf
by Felisha on May. 29, 2013 at 6:27 PM
Have you tried talking to him and telling him mommys sorry. Just dont bite no more. It hurts mommy.
perrywinkle
by Member on May. 29, 2013 at 6:33 PM
Yes, my son was 13 months and nursing 10 to 12 times during the day. He bit me and I screamed- he drew blood. After that he refused to nurse again. I felt terrible, but I can't change how I reacted.
tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on May. 29, 2013 at 6:34 PM

Yeah he doesnt care...say he wants boobies then says nope no more for Asher and rolls away

Quoting mama-smurf:

Have you tried talking to him and telling him mommys sorry. Just dont bite no more. It hurts mommy.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on May. 29, 2013 at 6:34 PM

He never nursed again?

Quoting perrywinkle:

Yes, my son was 13 months and nursing 10 to 12 times during the day. He bit me and I screamed- he drew blood. After that he refused to nurse again. I felt terrible, but I can't change how I reacted.

Momsthename0609
by on May. 29, 2013 at 6:40 PM
*hugs* I am sorry! The last time I nursed my 2 year old I was pregnant as well. It was 3 weeks before I had my newbie. He came to me nursed popped off and went Yuck. He never tried to nurse again. It made me sad as well.
IrishIz
by on May. 29, 2013 at 6:42 PM
2 moms liked this

Give him time...if he weans over this it is okay and it really is his time.  Maybe he realized that night that he was really done?  I would offer it to him, tell him milk is for both him and the baby.  Leave it to him...it is okay.  He didn't wean because you yelled.  He probably weaned because the milk is changing, it's not what he really wants...and the incident the other night just made him realize he was done.

polkaspots
by on May. 29, 2013 at 6:45 PM
He'll probably want to nurse after the baby is born. Jealousy may work in your favor. My oldest didn't even remember breastfeeding and she wanted to nurse when ds was born.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
polkaspots
by on May. 29, 2013 at 6:52 PM
A few weeks ago I had an incident like that. I'm pregnant and my breasts are extra sensitive right now, plus I've been having nursing aversions for at least a month now. He bit me once and then went I went to nurse him again a few minutes later he bit and held on. I screamed and hit the wall with my palm. He started to cry and walked away from me. He refused to nurse until late that night when he was already in bed for the night. He woke up and nursed like normal. He nursed a little bit less the next morning, but by the next afternoon he was fine. The worst part was dealing with the pain afterwards. I was relieved by his refusal to nurse for a few hours because I was still bleeding. I have never reacted like that before and I truly scared him, but he got over it. If I could, I wouldn't have nursed him again so soon after he bit me. I would have waited longer. Since then he hasn't bitten me again, but if he does he'll have to wait an hour. He's 15 months old and I wouldn't let him starve, I'd make him a snack instead.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
asaffell
by on May. 29, 2013 at 6:57 PM

Hugs, mama!

perrywinkle
by Member on May. 29, 2013 at 7:04 PM

Nope, I pumped for awhile and tried for two weeks. He refused.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)