Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help :/

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 12:19 AM
  • 2 Replies

Yesterday and today my 3 month old has been refusing to nurse. And not just refusing to nurse, but I mean the second I try she screams and cries and is inconsolable for 10-15 minutes. :( I don't know what is wrong. She was colicky when she was younger but the past month+ has been great, super happy, etc. I have some OAL that I had gotten under control but it's started back up again, so I'm trying to fix it, but she won't even suck at all before she starts screaming. I don't respond to a pump well, and she has only ever had the boob so I'm not sure what to do. She has been so upset the past 2 days and I know she has got to be hungry :( Last night she only woke up at 11, 3:45, and then up at 8:15 and she ate fine all of those times, but during the day it's just screaming and crying and I don't know why :(

Lilypie - (nV1E)
Lilypie - (dWWC)
by on May. 31, 2013 at 12:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
gdiamante
by Gina on May. 31, 2013 at 1:29 AM

Sounds like teething. Is she drooling? Gnawing on her hands? Nursing can hurt when teeth are starting to make their miserable presence known. And the pain starts long before you can see the buds.

I'd start with teething remedies like Hylands Teething Tablets.

luvmylilbean
by on May. 31, 2013 at 4:19 PM

Thanks. I thought maybe teething or gas, but I took big sis to the doctor today because she was crying saying her neck hurt (she just turned 2). Turns out they both have strep :( The doctor said baby's throat is pretty red too, so I'm pretty sure that's what her problem is :(

Quoting gdiamante:

Sounds like teething. Is she drooling? Gnawing on her hands? Nursing can hurt when teeth are starting to make their miserable presence known. And the pain starts long before you can see the buds.

I'd start with teething remedies like Hylands Teething Tablets.

Lilypie - (nV1E)
Lilypie - (dWWC)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)