Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

fighting the boob

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 2:58 AM
  • 4 Replies
My lo is 16 weeks old and for the most part is a fantastic nurser.....but come bed time she goes crazy lol. Usually from 8pm until 11pm she'll nurse for 20-45 minutes while she sleeps, but wakes up as soon as I put her down and cries until she's back on the boob. Around 11 she'll be in a deep enough sleep that I can lay her in her bed...but at 2am like clock work she's up again! I bring her to my bed and lay down and try to sleep while I feed her but it's almost as if she's fighting the boob! She'll latch, nurse for 10-15 mins, unlatch and look for the boob. BUT SHE WONT TAKE THE SAME SIDE!!!! So I have to turn over and give her the other side! Is this normal? Is there anything I can do? She's been doing this for about a month now and I'm exhausted
by on May. 31, 2013 at 2:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
kfskybluegirl
by on May. 31, 2013 at 3:04 AM

My daughter falls asleep on my boob at nights as well and as soon as I put her in her bed she's wide awake but I just leave the room and she"ll cry for a few minutes but then goes back to bed. I have no idea about the 2nd part though.

CafeMom Tickers
EternalyCrowned
by on May. 31, 2013 at 3:07 AM
This sounds similar to something my three year old used to do. He had gotten to the point where he started teething (@ 6 weeks) so at night he would use me as a pacifier.

He would have trouble getting comfortable and sleeping so I'd have to get him and nurse for what felt like only a couple minutes. Then he would go to sleep for a few minutes then he would seem irritable and I'd have to change our position in my bed. This was from midnight-on nightly.

So, some similarities. I've nursed six and he was the only one who did that. It was irritating more than anything but I wasn't really alarmed by it because usually how a baby likes to nurse is tied to personality ( in my opinion ).

But I hope everything is alright! Good luck!
EternalyCrowned
by on May. 31, 2013 at 3:10 AM
Yeah, it will exhaust you too. And just to clarify, it was two things with my son:
i) he was teething and so having trouble sleeping

ii) I was being used as a pacifier.

gdiamante
by Gina on May. 31, 2013 at 1:48 PM

Quite normal. My method was to shift my body slightly, NOT turning over, and offer the other breast.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)