Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Saw pedi formula talk again :(

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 5:20 PM
  • 6 Replies
My son tristan was born 3/31 8# when we left hospital after 3days he was just under 7 abd dehydrated. I supplemented with 4oz formula/day for 6 weeks. I worked really hard with lc to ebf...pumping herbs rx everything. I thought we were doing great. He weighed in at 9.10 today. Hes been consistent about 1/2 oz daily weight gain. Dr was not pleased with his weight made me feel horrible and i left almost in tears. And he had his first shots today. Im going to start pumping aftee every feeding again and lotsa fluids and call his main dr monday...he saw one of the fellows today. Any tips to help? I will be crushed if i really have to start supplementing again...my hubby and i fought horribly about it and were just now settling down...TIA
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 31, 2013 at 5:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
stepconfused182
by Kelley on May. 31, 2013 at 5:33 PM
So am I right that he has gained close to 3lbs in 2 months?
ekh2010
by on May. 31, 2013 at 5:35 PM
Yes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Gina on May. 31, 2013 at 5:51 PM
5 moms liked this

Do you have any pink paper? Find it. Write these two words on it:

YOU'RE FIRED.

Hand to doctor. Walk out of that office FOREVER, never go back.

Baby is expected to gain ONE pound per month and he's exceeding that. There is NO reason to be concerned about this child's weight.

K8wizzo
by Kate on May. 31, 2013 at 5:54 PM

He's gained close to 3 lbs in 2 months?  That's awesome!  Expected gain is 1 lb per month--the rest is gravy.  You don't have a supply problem, you have a doctor expectations problem.

JadeTigr7
by Crystal on May. 31, 2013 at 8:00 PM

My tip.  Fire your doctor.

Cleo07
by Bronze Member on May. 31, 2013 at 8:39 PM
Your baby is doing fine. I'm going to confirm for you after having gone through medical school and residency that the fellow probably has had 1 lecture per year on human lactation (or even less). I never had a single one.

A pound a month is the recommended minimum and your baby has put on three pounds in 2 months. Just keep putting baby to breast on demand. You have a monster growth spurt coming up in the 3 month mark so expect to nurse a lot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)