Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would this be ok?

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 7:21 PM
  • 9 Replies
When dd turns 1, she drinks cows milk at daycare and breastmilk at home?
by on May. 31, 2013 at 7:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
shortyali
by Alicia on May. 31, 2013 at 7:34 PM
That's fine or if you want to skip cows milk all together you can and have daycare give her water.
BoxxyBabee
by on May. 31, 2013 at 7:35 PM
Oh I forgot about water. Lol

Quoting shortyali:

That's fine or if you want to skip cows milk all together you can and have daycare give her water.

stepconfused182
by Kelley on May. 31, 2013 at 7:39 PM
Yep perfectly fine! I always tell them only water or milk go in her cups. I've found that not specifying this will cause her to end up with koolaid, juice, hawaiian punch, tea and other crap.
cabrandy03
by Brandy on May. 31, 2013 at 7:39 PM

Sure, I think that would be fine as long as she'll take cows milk.  It took a few months to get my dd interested in cow milk.

levansbx
by Bronze Member on May. 31, 2013 at 9:39 PM
Yeah that's what we do. I had to specify no juice. I prefer her to have water, but she can have cows milk at daycare. We don't give it to her at home though...just mama milk and water. She is cool with that. :)
bohomomma
by Member on May. 31, 2013 at 11:11 PM
Would almond milk or soy milk be ok? We aren't there yet just asking out of curiosity..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ceckyl
by Kyla on May. 31, 2013 at 11:18 PM
Absolutely. Cows milk is never needed. Infant, I haven't had it in my house in years. But I would avoid soy for other reasons.

Quoting bohomomma:

Would almond milk or soy milk be ok? We aren't there yet just asking out of curiosity..

catholicmamamia
by on Jun. 1, 2013 at 9:44 PM

Quoting ceckyl: Absolutely. Cows milk is never needed.
Quoting bohomomma: Would almond milk or soy milk be ok? We aren't there yet just asking out of curiosity..

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

melindabelcher
by mel on Jun. 1, 2013 at 9:47 PM
Agreed. Especially wouldn't do soy milk!
Op I personally wouldn't do cow milk because baby doesn't need it. I would probably do water. We don't have cow milk in our house at all so any milk offered is almond, coconut, or almond coconut milk.

Quoting ceckyl:

Absolutely. Cows milk is never needed. Infant, I haven't had it in my house in years. But I would avoid soy for other reasons.

Quoting bohomomma:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)