Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

diets, detox and all else weight loas

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 11:03 PM
  • 14 Replies
What are you doing? What works? Are you getting all nutrients required?
by on May. 31, 2013 at 11:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mckinneymom918
by on May. 31, 2013 at 11:05 PM
Weight watchers
Junebaby18
by Nannerz on May. 31, 2013 at 11:52 PM
Detoxing while bf is not safe. The toxins will exit through your milk and your baby will drink them.

Weight watchers and regular exercise are both safe. Weight watchers even has a bf plan.
asaffell
by on May. 31, 2013 at 11:54 PM

I count calories and workout.

Most diets are too low calorie for breastfeeding moms. Just make healthy choices, drink a ton of water, make sure you're eating the right amount, and get exercise. I wouldn't do ANYTHING else while breastfeeding.

Precious333
by Group Admin - Julia on Jun. 1, 2013 at 12:40 AM
I never detoxed or calorie counted while nursing. I just made healthy choices, tha included more.protein rich foods, fruits and veggies and less sugars and foods that had very little or no nutritional value. Whole, pure and fresh is the way to go :)
Amberleigh81
by Silver Member on Jun. 1, 2013 at 9:43 AM
Shop the outside of the grocery store (no boxed, processed foods) and get some kind of activity (walking, squats while loading laundry, weeding, etc.) during the day. ;)
big_red05
by on Jun. 1, 2013 at 10:02 AM

I eat a very healthy clean diet.. lots of whole foods and espeially veggies :) its the only way to "detox" your body so to speak.. and it helps you look amazing.. I"m never hungry or deprived and I"ve lost a ton of weight

twogirl91
by on Jun. 1, 2013 at 10:11 AM

Just eating healthy, I count my calories and eat when I'm hungry. Instead of eating chips, I choose fruit or veggies instead for a snack and I work out. So far I've lost 25lbs out of the 50lbs I needed to lose. 

jwkaye
by on Jun. 1, 2013 at 10:11 AM
Myfitnesspal.com
I am working out and using this to count my calories. I am down 23 pounds since March.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nurseangel032
by Member on Jun. 1, 2013 at 10:18 AM

Quoting jwkaye:

Myfitnesspal.com
I am working out and using this to count my calories. I am down 23 pounds since March.

A friend of mine told me about this site.  I had signed for it, but the calorie allowance it gave me was not high enough in my opinion to support nursing.   Area you able to adjust it to add a couple hundred more calories for nursing?  

jwkaye
by on Jun. 1, 2013 at 10:55 AM
1 mom liked this
You can adjust it for anything you need. Go to faq's and do some reading. There's a lot of neat things you can do and adjust for your needs.
My husband and I are ttc and I plan on using it through pregnancy, because if I have gestational diabetes again, I can track my calories and carbs easily on it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)