Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG, HELP! Lol

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 12:15 AM
  • 4 Replies
My daughter is 16 months old; she only nurses at night right before bed & early in the morning as soon as she wakes up. That early morning feeding is heaven- I bring her into bed with me, she nurses, & we both fall back to sleep for an hour or 2. My problem is her night feeding. Around 9 pm every night, my little girl will "order" me to sit in my recliner in the living room (she'll grab my hand & pull me over to it!) then she gets my Boppy pillow & puts it on my lap & gives me a great big smile. :) My dh & ds will head to bed, the lights go off, & the TV is turned down low- but she will NOT stay still! While she is nursing, she's kicking me in the face, playing with my hair, smacking my chest, rolling over, talking, & it drives me nuts! This goes on every night for about 20-30 minutes before she finally falls asleep...
Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get her to calm down & nurse quietly? It's annoying enough but some of the things she does hurts as well & I'm not sure how to get her to stop?
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 12:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 12:26 AM
There should be something in the "Nursing Manners" article in kellymom.com that will help.
hlzcmjzajz
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 12:34 AM
Ok thanks, I'll go look :)

Quoting MusherMaggie:

There should be something in the "Nursing Manners" article in kellymom.com that will help.

PolishMamma2
by Marta on Jun. 9, 2013 at 12:35 AM
Being consistent is key. Talk to her in a assertive way when she hurts you. When ds gets too aggressive on the boob, I grab his hand or foot put it down, look him in the eyes and tell him no. If that doesn't work then unlatch & put the baby down for a few minutes. They catch on pretty quick.
hlzcmjzajz
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 12:45 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you :) I've never dealt with this before, I only nursed my ds until he was 10 months old & when he nursed, he focused on eating- he didn't move at all!

Quoting PolishMamma2:

Being consistent is key. Talk to her in a assertive way when she hurts you. When ds gets too aggressive on the boob, I grab his hand or foot put it down, look him in the eyes and tell him no. If that doesn't work then unlatch & put the baby down for a few minutes. They catch on pretty quick.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)