Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Questions About Thrush

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:13 PM
  • 2 Replies

Hello Ladies,

I think my 6 mo old DS  has thrush.  He has a large patch of white/yellow "stuff" on the back of his tongue.  It covers the whole back half.  It does not wipe off.  And he is on an antibiotic for an ear infection.  I noticed the stuff on Friday night.  It is only on his tongue.  It has not spread to his cheeks or lips.  DS does not seem to be uncomfortable and is still nursing like a champ.

Now my questions....If it is thrush shouldn't I have it too?  He has been nursing all weekend.  My nipples seem fine.  Can I have it and have no symptoms?  Also, tomorrow when he returns to daycare can he pass thrush to the other babies.  He will be seeing the Dr at some point just not sure when they will fit me in.  I know I can treat it myself but since I am not 100%  sure it is thrush I will feel better seeing the Dr.

Thank you for your  advice.

by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
gdiamante
by Gina on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:19 PM

Sounds like thrush. And you may not have it YET. Doesn't mean he doesn't have it. Just as babies are often asymptomatic when MOM has symptoms, the reverse can apply.

He won't pass it to other babies unless the daycare is careless and doesn't watch which nipple goes where.

See the thrush treatments on kellymom. Doc's treatments are notorious for making it WORSE. You can have it cleared without Doc's help before they can fit you in.

Thunderbug75
by Amanda on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:25 PM

Thank you.  I will check out Kellymom.  The daycare will be fine.  I was just trying to prepare myself for another day off of work.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)