Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Pregnant mom could use your advice

Posted by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 1:13 PM
  • 9 Replies

I found this in the welcome post- can you give her some advice?

Quote:

Hello everyone, my name is Robin and I am new to this all and I am not due yet but thinking about breast feeding but i am nervous about it. like how long can you do it for and whats best when to stop if i started to do it 
by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 1:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
cemcnair
by Courtney on Jun. 11, 2013 at 1:17 PM
http://www.drmomma.org/2009/12/if-you-nurse-your-baby.html?m=1

This is a great article if someone can clicky it!
cemcnair
by Courtney on Jun. 11, 2013 at 1:19 PM
You can nurse for as little or as long as you are comfortable.
I am currently nursing my almost 12 week old and my 34 month old :)
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jun. 11, 2013 at 2:05 PM

You can do it for as long as you want. When to stop: When baby wants to. There's no calendar date to it.

Zazayam
by Nicki on Jun. 11, 2013 at 7:10 PM

Nurse as often and as long as you and the baby want to!

Sometimes it's going to seem like the baby just wants to live on the boob, and that's perfectly normal and ok. It gets easier as time goes on :)

Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Jun. 11, 2013 at 7:32 PM

Your call on time.  I prefer to nurse for at least a year.  Baby will nurse a lot in the beginning and that is normal!

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

caliegirl922
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 8:05 PM

oh ok that is a lot of help thank you and the only reason i think i am nervous to do it is cause i might not be comfortable doing it but its cheaper then the other stuff

polkaspots
by Gold Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 8:13 PM
You'd be surprised how comfortable nursing is once you get the hang of it. My advice is not to use any bottles in the hospital. Congratulations on your upcoming baby!!

Quoting caliegirl922:

oh ok that is a lot of help thank you and the only reason i think i am nervous to do it is cause i might not be comfortable doing it but its cheaper then the other stuff

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 8:14 PM
Read posts here and read articles on kellymom.com. go to LLLI.org and see if there are meetings you can attend in your area before and after your baby is born. Get a copy of "The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding" and "So That's What They're For".
Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Jun. 20, 2013 at 8:33 PM
Not only is it cheaper than formula, but it is very very beneficial to you and baby and decreases several health risks for you both! Breastfeeding can actually be very relaxing and enjoyable, you can always try and if it's not for you, you can decide that after baby has arrived. Breastfeeding is very important to me so I committed myself to it from the get-go, so I started with the I AM GOING TO DO THIS attitude rather than I will try, and that's what worked for me. The best thing you can do is educate yourself and surround yourself with a stable support system before baby arrives. Familiarize yourself with this group, kellymom.com, read So That's What They're There For and/or The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding (8th edition) and look into joining a local La Leche League group.

Quoting caliegirl922:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN