Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Oh YAY! Teething! LOL!

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 2:36 AM
  • 12 Replies

Yep, Nathan is teething! What can I do, (natural remedies only please) to make him feed better? he's a drool ball and his hands only leave his mouth to eat. Last night he was really frustrated and his cheeks were so red! I feel bad for him. :-(

by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 2:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
missyice
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 3:23 AM
His hands leave his mouth to feed? Your lucky! Lol. Mine tries to leave hand (well finger) in mouth while nursing! :)
missyice
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 3:29 AM
Frozen breast milk in mesh feeding bag. Cool wet face washer rubbed on gums. Uum.... That's all i can think of at the moment. Oh toys, like the ones you can put in the fridge. Freeze a pacifier..... Im sure there are more. Anything cool on the gums works well.
Thunderbug75
by Amanda on Jun. 12, 2013 at 7:04 AM

My Max just got his second tooth yesterday.  So I am in the same boat as you.  He loves chewing/sucking on a cold wash cloth.  But I really have to watch him because he tries to stuff the whole thing in his mouth. Oh yeah, he hates the frozen teethers.  He completely freaks out if I give him one of those.

turttlemom
by Nayelli on Jun. 12, 2013 at 10:06 AM
I don't really know why, but Ander hasn't been hit too much with teething, his first tooth cut out last week, but it is not completely out thought, I just let him be, he chews a lot wash cloth, he doesn't like the teething toys to much. He got some rubber blocks (like megablocks but soft ones) and he loves then now. He is 10.5 months and never (thanks God) got frustrated or fever due teething. Good luck momma.
Zazayam
by Nicki on Jun. 12, 2013 at 10:41 AM
1 mom liked this

We LOVE our amber necklace :)

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jun. 12, 2013 at 1:15 PM

Raw sweet onion rubbed on the gums, Hyland's teething tablets.

ekh2010
by Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 4:12 PM

what does the onion do? 

Quoting gdiamante:

Raw sweet onion rubbed on the gums, Hyland's teething tablets.

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jun. 12, 2013 at 5:04 PM

For some reason the onion soothes. I don't know the reason why; picked it up from another mom here.

supermillerMom
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 7:23 PM
1 mom liked this

We bought an amber teething necklace when ds was about 5-6 months.  He has always been the world's best teether.  Not even a drooler.  Of course I can't swear the necklace was the reason but I always said his teething was so effortless that I wouldn't take it off.  Every one of my hippie mom friends swear by them.  And I have to say I'm a believer. 

mama-smurf
by Felisha on Jun. 12, 2013 at 9:16 PM
I had teething necklace but my bf lost it. And Autumns teething BAD to where she wont nurse long and screaming. We using orajel but it puts her ti sleep...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)