Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

What milk storage bag do you use? I need something affordable!!

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:26 PM
  • 23 Replies

OK, I'm just cheap.  There's no getting around it.  And I'm looking for an inexpensive milk storage bag since I'm back to work and pumping more than my LO needs...

What do you use?

I started with these:  http://www.enasco.com/product/B01489WA  (about $0.10 per bag for the 4 ounce if you don't mind buying 500 at a time!)  These are awesome, but the 4 ounce size doesn't freeze "flat," so you'd need to go up to the 7 oz size if this is important to you.  I love the wire top--it makes it so easy to pour the milk out...

and I also like these:  http://www.choosehoneysuckle.com/category_s/1817.htm , but they're a bit more expensive.  They freeze flat.

by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Wyokrys
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:27 PM

BUMP!

cgriego
by Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:31 PM
I use freezer bag. Every inexpensive, works just as well or even better
GoodyBrook
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:34 PM

Quoting cgriego:

I use freezer bag. Every inexpensive, works just as well or even better

Like a Ziploc freezer bag?  I used the snack size for awhile...

SadieJames
by Sarah on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:34 PM

I've heard of women freezing in trays then popping out and putting in ziploc freezer bags.  You're not supposed to directly freeze in them though - something about the plastic.  

I use Lansinoh bags - they're spendy but my recipient mama prefers them and pays for the bags so whatever she wants : )

GoodyBrook
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:36 PM

Quoting SadieJames:

I've heard of women freezing in trays then popping out and putting in ziploc freezer bags.  You're not supposed to directly freeze in them though - something about the plastic.  

I use Lansinoh bags - they're spendy but my recipient mama prefers them and pays for the bags so whatever she wants : )

I froze in the one ounce trays before, but they all stuck together in the big ziploc baggie, and I didn't like putting my fingers directly on the milk to get it out...

PoodleMum
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:44 PM

I have used literally thousands of bags (donor milk recepient) and by far prefer NUK brand.  They are heavier plastic and don't leak like the Lansinoh, thaw evenly, and don't have the obnoxious hole that always made me spill!  I froze them flat as well

Ninjascreenname
by Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:46 PM
2 moms liked this
I use the Target up and up brand. I love them.
mommy2bRN007
by Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 5:44 AM
I like the target brand.
shortyali
by Alicia on Jun. 13, 2013 at 5:50 AM
1 mom liked this
I use Lanoish. I wait for them to go on sale and buy between 150-200 bags at a time.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN