Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

If you passed away...

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:47 PM
  • 57 Replies

I had a friend who has a EBF 2 week old pass away this morning...so this is where the question stems from

Would you want your child to get donor milk if possible or would you be ok with formula, homemade formula, etc etc?

ETA:Does your hubby/SO know your wishes?

by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
asaffell
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:48 PM

I already told my husband to find a donor for me if that were to happen. I'm not ok with formula personally.

annhart19
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Donor milk if I knew it was clean. I would be ok with using formula tho. I have nothing against formula I just feel bm is best.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SadieJames
by Sarah on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Donor milk.  DH and my mom both know that and both know of my local nursing friends, hm4hb and this group : )

I have also talked to local nursing friends about it and we all know each other so if one passed away the first thing I would do would be take my entire freezer stash there and start pumping around the clock.

ETA: DH knows the order I prefer.  Mama milk, donor milk, homemade formula and lastly commercially available formula.  He also agrees with it.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:50 PM
4 moms liked this

My hubby said if it took it HE would lactate, but formula would be our last choice

bloomsr
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:50 PM
This is too sad to even think about:(

I would hope my family would do whatever they thought best. I wouldn't want there to be any more burden on anyone than what they had to shoulder through my passing.

This is just too sad:( was the death totally unexpected?
PEEK05
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:51 PM

My husband would look for donor milk from family and friends before turning to formula.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:51 PM

Quoting bloomsr:

I would hope my family would do whatever they thought best. I wouldn't want there to be any more burden on anyone than what they had to shoulder through my passing.

Yes it was evidently sudden and a blood clot in her lungs/heart

bebe_ju-rah
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:52 PM
I've told my hubby that I'd prefer donor milk but he says he wouldn't do it. Its not something he is comfortable with.
BlueRay
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:55 PM
Oh I'm so sorry. Can I ask how it happened? I would hope for donor milk but I can imagine that in the wake of my death things would be too crazy to deal with that so I guess formula it would be. Whatever is easier for everyone.
asaffell
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:57 PM

:( So scary. Not super rare, but SO scary. Prayers for her family.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Quoting bloomsr:

Yes it was evidently sudden and a blood clot in her lungs/heart

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)