Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Which breast pump?

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:40 AM
  • 38 Replies

Hello everyone! I am new to the group.. kind of. I was in this group years ago when I was breastfeeding my DD. She is now four years old. Well I am pregnant again, due August 5th, with another girl and of course plan on breastfeeding. 

We just recently found out that our insurance covers breast pumps. I'm looking into them and I really have no clue as to which one I should purchase. I am a SAHM and plan on not bottle feeding at least for the first two months. I do want to pump a little here and there so my daughter and husband can feel included.

Now they all have mostly good reviews. I am at a loss. I bought a really cheap pump with my DD so I have idea which one of these would be best. Which would you all suggest?

I can purchase:

Medela Freestyle

Hygeia Enjoye

Phillips Avent Comfort

Dr. Brown's Double Electric Pump

by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BrownEyedGirl86
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:41 AM
Medea is the one I have. I love it.
SadieJames
by Sarah on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:49 AM

The Enjoye!!

medela is an open system and the other two are crap.

pedritosmama
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 12:12 PM

Medela is obviously the best.  Get a double electric if you can.  It will shorten your pumping time by half.  A lot of people can pump more with a manual, but I'm not one of them.  I love my double electric pump.  I actually don't have a Medela.  I have an Ameda.  It's pretty good...does its job.  But I know Medela is the best.  They last a lot longer than most pumps.

asaffell
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 12:16 PM

Go for the Hygeia!

dleon621
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 12:18 PM

medela is the one i have and i love it!!!

Heather101413
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 12:20 PM

Medela is the best.  When I took  a breastfeeding class the lactation consultant said Medela is the best and the others are all basically crap

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jun. 14, 2013 at 12:35 PM

The Enjoye if it's covered. It's the best of a pretty good lot.

EDITED TO ADD: Medela is good, BUT.. it's an open system pump. Milk can get into the motor. The Enjoye is closed system so you don't have that problem. That's what makes it a top pick.

asaffell
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 12:42 PM

Yeah, knowing what I know now I would never spend money on a Medela. Overpriced considering the open system too.

shortyali
by Alicia on Jun. 14, 2013 at 2:12 PM
I have Medela but if I was given the choice I would have gotten the enjoye. They have a better warranty and if you decide to not resell it (closed system so that is a safe option) you can call the company and send it back. They recycle and reuse the pumps.
mamabens
by Miranda on Jun. 14, 2013 at 2:15 PM

Enjoye hands down!

BabyFruit Ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)