Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

She's stressing me out

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:37 PM
  • 27 Replies

Autumn the last week or so is really stressing me out. im trying my hardest not to let her cry it out or anything but she's getting very very clingy and crying a LOT. she's been in a very bad mood to where nothing will calm her down and i have to hold her and rock her to sleep while she's screaming and squealing. clean diaper, not too hot, not too cold, not too noisy, not hungry. nothing. I tried putting orajel on her gums and that doesnt help. im seriously stressed. i tried handing her to my bf and she doesnt want him. she will just look at me and put her arms out to me and just cry in my arms. She doesnt nurse long, maximum 7 or so minutes total for one nursing session but she's still getting about 5 or so wet dipes and poos every other day or so. when i went to lay down at night she doesnt want to sleep on her tummy anymore, she will lay on her side and hold onto my shirt and bury her head in my shirt. anyone knows what's going on? i would think if she was teething that the orajel would help. (i'll be back to respond shortly. going to clean up while i got the chance before i have to wake her up for her next feeding.)

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jun. 16, 2013 at 12:27 AM

Orajel doesn't always help. Indeed, it can tougen the gums making things worse. 

For some reason, raw sweet onion rubbed on the gums provides relief. Hylands Teething Tablets also can help. BUT... this is also a period of another growth spurt and changes.. four months is a big time for simple inconsolability that just has to be weathered.

mama-smurf
by Felisha on Jun. 16, 2013 at 12:42 AM

wow another one. im going to nuy an onion then and try it, her bottom gums are so red :(

Quoting gdiamante:

For some reason, raw sweet onion rubbed on the gums provides relief. Hylands Teething Tablets also can help. BUT... this is also a period of another growth spurt and changes.. four months is a big time for simple inconsolability that just has to be weathered.

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
SadieJames
by Sarah on Jun. 16, 2013 at 1:13 AM
2 moms liked this

Hugs! Lily has been going through the same,  she's fussy, crying, mad at nothing and her gums are red and swollen.  I've been using hylands and giving her a cold washcloth to chew on.  I've also done "momsicles" (frozen bmilk in a mesh teether)  which she loves : ) she doesn't have the coordination to hold it in all the time but I hold it for her and she chews and chews and chews.

I've also heard about a chamomile bath helping.  

PolishMamma2
by Marta on Jun. 16, 2013 at 1:40 AM

I think its mad baby day, my ds is going through something too. But he us hitting that mean toddler phase. He's pretty much cried all flipping day! & he would look at me squint his eyes and either slap my arm or pinch it, but before I get a chance to react he puts his head on my chest and says Ohh,oghh momma. I just started laughing. What can you do? Try to keep calm. Hopefully tomorrow is a better day, :-)

amc103
by Alli on Jun. 16, 2013 at 3:10 AM

Nathan is 3.5 months old and is going through the same thing! :-( I think its the age...I remember it with my oldest too. Hang in there! It will pass soon. :-)

amc103
by Alli on Jun. 16, 2013 at 3:12 AM

hahaaah, "mad at nothing" You've described my Nathan to a T! LOL! He gets the teethers and chew on them FURIOUSLY and in about 5 minutes is growling and throwing them! LOL! I try not to laugh, but its cute! Poor teething babes! 

Quoting SadieJames:

Hugs! Lily has been going through the same,  she's fussy, crying, mad at nothing and her gums are red and swollen.  I've been using hylands and giving her a cold washcloth to chew on.  I've also done "momsicles" (frozen bmilk in a mesh teether)  which she loves : ) she doesn't have the coordination to hold it in all the time but I hold it for her and she chews and chews and chews.

I've also heard about a chamomile bath helping.  

MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Jun. 16, 2013 at 8:13 AM
It's just the age. My son went through spurts where he would fight sleep with a vengence. I would put on white noise (vacuum or an app on my phone) and rock and sssshhhh in his ear. Now he's gotten better unless you try to get him to sleep too early. He'll pull up to the recliner and cry/whine when he's ready. Al i do is scoop him up sit down and nurse him to sleep.
LHummel
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 8:39 AM

For my DD i used Hylands brand teething tabs. Worked great. Orajel did nothing. I have used both brands on myself and Orajel made the pain worse and Hylands took the pain away immediately. I needed a root canal and used the tabs over the weekend waiting on my appointment. I never mixed the tabs with water I placed them under her tongue until they disolved. 

Other things ladies have said on here work well too. Frozen washcloths, love the breastmilk in the mesh idea going to try that with the next one myself. When they are eating, frozen waffles worked great too. Hope you find something that works. Good luck. 

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jun. 16, 2013 at 9:49 AM

Shes hit the awful growth spurt!! Orajel SUCKS..hylands tablets work and amber necklaces do too.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jun. 16, 2013 at 9:50 AM

Yeah a little old lady told me this and I thought she was nuts but when I tried it worked so I have passed this info on

Quoting mama-smurf:

wow another one. im going to nuy an onion then and try it, her bottom gums are so red :(

Quoting gdiamante:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)