Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

painful boob *pic*## UPDATE##

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:26 AM
mel
  • 18 Replies

New Message

right above my nipple (white dot) is a red grouping then just above that is a curved red line. my breast is really sore especially at that area but sore all over and painful when Ellie latches. there is no hardened areas it's not hot to the touch, no fever. any ideas?

## UPDATE##
Tada!!! it is mastitis :( I got a prescription for dicloxacillin 250 milligrams 4 times a day for 7 days. hopefully this will go away quickly :/
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyO2-6631
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 7:57 AM
Oh dear, I don't know. Hopefully IrishIz will pop in later. I hope you feel better soon!
melindabelcher
by mel on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:14 AM

New Message

So im thinking maybe it is mastitis? It looks worse and looks like its spreading? Theres only 2/2.5hrs between photos. But it looks like theres a line heading away from the half circle line.
I only got 3hrs of disturbed sleep the last two nights. And my allergies are in high gear so I feel "crappy" but I don't know if part of my crappy/achy.feeling is from possibly mastitis?
melindabelcher
by mel on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:15 AM
I think I'm going to call my primary to see if they can squeeze me in?

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

Oh dear, I don't know. Hopefully IrishIz will pop in later. I hope you feel better soon!

PolishMamma2
by Marta on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:18 AM
1 mom liked this
It looks like mastitis. Even if its not, I think this one deserves a call to the Dr. I hope you feel better soon!
Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:22 AM
Looks like mastitis! Ouch!! :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melindabelcher
by mel on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:29 AM
It's crazy! How the heck do I go through crazy over supply with engorgement. The whole first year with nothing and then get mastitis at 15 months!?!?
Grrrr.

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

Looks like mastitis! Ouch!! :(

MammaKoi
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:33 AM

Lookes irritated in general. Have you tried some creams, ice packs or heat pad see if that helps? 

mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:44 AM
It's probably mastitis. But I just got back from a camping trip from he# and now I think every speck, every bump, every scab and rash, is from a tick bite. We were in a restaurant eating breakfast and my one dd had a tick crawl across her forehead. It hadn't bit into her yet. But my one ds got bit by a tick in the car on the drive there; it bit him but didn't burrow in. So now I'm watching him for the "bulls eye" rash. I'm obsessive and neurotic over the ticks.
MommyO2-6631
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:56 AM
Definitely looks like mastitis! I just had it a few weeks ago at eleven months after battling over supply, exclusively pumping, and many clogged ducts in the first three months.... some of us are just lucky like that i guess lol. I hope it clears up soon!
MommyO2-6631
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:59 AM
You would NOT like where I live! We have a special spray that we use on ds's clothes that repels them. Before though he would have at least 6-7 tick bites per summer.

Quoting mostlymaydays:

It's probably mastitis. But I just got back from a camping trip from he# and now I think every speck, every bump, every scab and rash, is from a tick bite. We were in a restaurant eating breakfast and my one dd had a tick crawl across her forehead. It hadn't bit into her yet. But my one ds got bit by a tick in the car on the drive there; it bit him but didn't burrow in. So now I'm watching him for the "bulls eye" rash. I'm obsessive and neurotic over the ticks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)