Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So happy I didn't force him to wean!!!

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:26 AM
  • 6 Replies
1 mom liked this
I am back from my trip to China. It was amazing, educational, and life changing!!!

When I crossed airport security, my husband and son were waiting for me. My son wouldn't let me hold him and ran away from me. He broke my heart!

At baggage claim, he was running in circles and giggling. I was going to go to the bathroom, but when I went to walk away, my son cried out, "Mommy!" ...at least he remembered me!!!

When we got home, I changed into pajamas. When I took my shirt off, he saw my boobs and ran over to latch on. He then laid in my lap and nursed forever!!! <3

I am so glad 15 days apart didn't force my 20mo to wean!!! My boobs are sore from his strong latch after two weeks of a weak manual pump, but sore nipples are a small price to pay for my baby's love!!!
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
K8wizzo
by Kate on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:29 AM

How sweet :)

mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:31 AM
What a happy ending. When I was separated from my 24 month nursing, she was kind of apprehensively avoiding me a little, too. But nursing again cemented that relationship back together. :-)

How was China?!?
melindabelcher
by mel on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:32 AM
How awesome!
Glad you had a great trip! And welcome back :)
Amberleigh81
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:47 AM
It was amazing. I was there as part of the first nursing international scholar laureate program to visit China. I had access to Chinese hospitals, learned about TCM (traditional Chinese medicine), visited nursing schools and even got a job offer to teach at the first private nursing school in Shanghai when I finish my degree next year!!!

I am so happy I went. I was so apprehensive to leave my son since he is so young, but my husband and he bonded so much in my absence and he learned how to "b-ball" with Gpops... It's now his new favorite word/game. He can dunk like nobody's business! :)
MommyO2-6631
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:17 AM
Yay! I'm so happy he's still nursing :)
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:30 PM
So glad everything went all right!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)