Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

what is your favorite nursing position?

Posted by   + Show Post
what is your favorite nursing position or most often used? has it changed with your baby's age/size?
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:22 AM
Replies (11-15):
arigdon4
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I have HUGE breast so cradle on my boppy or side lying.

Still the same since birth only, at 6 months, he holds it now, not me.

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:17 PM
1 mom liked this
I think it just kinda happened. He was nursing and I fell asleep and we got comfortable. ;-)
I didn't perfect nursing in bed with Andrew until he was much older, so it was SO nice.

Quoting amc103:

Its SUCH a good one!!!!! I should have tried it in the hospital for the same reason!

Quoting aehanrahan:

Yes, exactly! We started with that position in the hospital after the C-section to keep him off of the incision and I could relax so I could sleep while he nursed constantly.

Quoting amc103:

Do you hold him in the crook of your arm, kind of thing? YOu know what I mean? If so, I tried that with Nathan when he was like 2 months and I LOVED it but him not so much....I had forgotten about it-I should try it again now that he's older!!! thanks!!!

Quoting aehanrahan:

Laying back in bed with him cuddled next to me. It has evolved and gotten easier as he has grown.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaDee83
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I did a lot of football hold when my DD was really tiny, but I usually just do the traditional cradle hold. Actually, come to think of it, she is 19 months now, so she kind of does whatever she wants while she is nursing - gymnastics!

smorgan865
by Bronze Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 9:26 AM
1 mom liked this

On the left he nurses best while I'm holding him across my stomach, and on the right, laying down. Since we figured these positions out, it's easier for both of us! Either way it's decent snuggle time because he's only a month old.

However he is starting to become quick the kicker. And when I'm holding him to feed he's putting his hands on my breast and "kneading" like a cat does. Very strange actually.

PolishMamma2
by Marta on Jun. 18, 2013 at 9:30 AM
1 mom liked this
It used to be the football hold when he was first born, but it changed to the cradle hold when he got bigger. We nurse laying down for his morning nursing.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN