Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pineapple Juice seems to be a no-no

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:52 PM
  • 9 Replies

So I've had Pineapple juice twice since my little Samaire was born, 9 days ago. Both times she has spit up all her milk. I am guessing I will not be able to drink pineapple juice with her, at least for now. Everything else looks good.

Any mama's out there EBF and CD? She keeps peeing out the diaper so bad at night. I use 2 hemp inserts and still out it goes. Thinking maybe I'll use 4 of them? LOL. I need to get a wool soaker, I know this, but I have to wait till DH gets some checks in for his business. Any ideas in the meantime? I'm getting really tired of changing out her bedding (bassinet) and clothes every time she wakes up at night, which is two or three times.

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:57 PM
I used small terrycloth towels folded in thirds inside the diaper, with the nylon (parachute cloth) covers. I still had to do a couple of changes at night--DD was a particularly heavy wetter!
musik16
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:58 PM

thanks for the idea MusherMaggie.

jackiewal10
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:58 PM

Cloth diapers didn't work for us at night.  We still use sposies.  And it wasn't the diaper.  It was the sleeping positions.  Did you prep your hemp before using it?  I would try cotton.  A prefold or a workhorse.

GoldenLinds
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:00 PM
All pineapple is a no!! My son had the same reaction. Once we had been on solids for a while he was ok but dang he woukd flood his bassinet!
As for the peeing out of diapers its pretty normal for the first few weeks. Once she fills out a little you shouldn't have a problem. Ita has to do with the fact tjat no matter how tight you get thay diaper they find that pisition that hollows out the belly and it never evwn touches the diaper and just runs out instead.
I used to put down a recieving blanket and it usually kept the bed dry enough underneath. Then I just had to pull it up and put another down. So much easier than the full bed change.
BaltimoreBaby
by Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:03 PM

All good advice above about CDing. 

The pineapple juice happened to me and my DD, too. I also had to stop eating any other citrus. Lemon, lime, kiwi, mango... Even strawberries - 

shes 14 months now and we actually have a doc appt for today at 3 because she's having a reaction and we genuinely don't know what we fed her this time that could be causing it. 

Hopefully, your little bundle isn't so sensitive! Good luck. 

Cleo07
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:38 PM
The organic inserts from Flip diapers hold a full 18 ounces (yes, I measured all my inserts). My hemp ones held about 4 ounces each but hemp is known as slow to absorb so that may be the problem.

Plus, you may need to change the diaper at least once a night too. They pee a ton in the beginning.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
K8wizzo
by Kate on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:43 PM

fitteds with wool worked well for us

also, 2 prefolds--1 trifolded and laid on top of another that was snappi'd on covered with fleece pants

K8wizzo
by Kate on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:44 PM

Regular prefolds from cotton babies also hold 18 oz... I weighed all of mine, too. :)

Quoting Cleo07:

The organic inserts from Flip diapers hold a full 18 ounces (yes, I measured all my inserts). My hemp ones held about 4 ounces each but hemp is known as slow to absorb so that may be the problem.

Plus, you may need to change the diaper at least once a night too. They pee a ton in the beginning.

musik16
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:31 PM

Thank you ladies!! Awesome ideas!

MY MIL is trying to convence me that I should do disposables... I told her if she is buying them, LOL. I dont want to spend the cash.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)