Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

2 AWESOME BFing stories in 1 day!

Posted by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 2:19 PM
  • 3 Replies
2 moms liked this
Tuesdays are our busy mornings. Since it is story time at the library I try to get all my errands done before and after.

Well first thing this morning we went to the bank. I had some issues with my account and I had to speak to a banker, plus I lost my debit card and we needed checks so I had to order both of those.

My banker was a middle age (30s) kind gentleman. While waiting for computers to load we carried on small talk about our kids. He told me he had two under the age of 2. In fact his oldest will be 2 next week the same day as my oldest turns 4.

Anyways so we were about half way through with what I needed to accomplish and my little nursling got hungry. I was pretty nervous because I was sitting RIGHT in front of this man. But I knew DS couldn't wait, so I used my wrap as a cover while I got DS latched and then just got comfortable. I'm always so nervous about getting DS latched, after that I know he covers me.

I was worried how this man would react about me nursing right there at his desk, with no cover. Granted I wasn't showing anything, but still.
DS was almost done eating and we were waiting on the computer to finish processing my new card when my banker said he wished tha his wife would have been able to nurse their kids. He went on and told me how she tried for 6 weeks with their oldest but never could get the hang of it and didn't make it out of the hospital with his youngest. He said they hired lactation consultants and went to classes, but she just couldn't get the hang of it.

He didn't go into much detail, but I could tell he admired me for BFing. And it's refreshing to see a man want his wife to bf.

After we left the bank we went to library where I met a mom of an 11 month old who still EBF! She plans on doing baby led weaning. Her dd still isn't on solids because she just is not interested. Her dd was SOO stinking cute! She had these chubby cheeks and chunky thighs just like my DS! The mom said she can always spot an EBF baby out by looking at their thighs! Lol!

by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 2:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Momma2013
by Bronze Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 2:35 PM

That's cuz they're moving them like crazy. It's not all fat, it's muscle too. LOL - ds has this new thing of trying to wrap his leg around me while we're sleeping, he's only 4.5 months! :)

Maybe this banker will have another and it will work? Just gotta keep trying. breastfeeding is one of the best things on earth, it's just awesome and I try not to take it for granted because I know some people physically can't or give up too soon/easily. I stuck through it with quite a bit of trouble and I'd do it all over again.

Ms.Pteranodon
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 2:38 PM
My 5 month olds legs are bigger than my 18 month olds, but you at right he is strong! He can stand up only holding on to the coffee table!!

Who knows if the banker will have more kids, I'm just so thrilled he was so accepting!

Quoting Momma2013:

That's cuz they're moving them like crazy. It's not all fat, it's muscle too. LOL - ds has this new thing of trying to wrap his leg around me while we're sleeping, he's only 4.5 months! :)

Maybe this banker will have another and it will work? Just gotta keep trying. breastfeeding is one of the best things on earth, it's just awesome and I try not to take it for granted because I know some people physically can't or give up too soon/easily. I stuck through it with quite a bit of trouble and I'd do it all over again.

Momma2013
by Bronze Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 2:45 PM

LOL.

Quoting Ms.Pteranodon:

My 5 month olds legs are bigger than my 18 month olds, but you at right he is strong! He can stand up only holding on to the coffee table!!

Who knows if the banker will have more kids, I'm just so thrilled he was so accepting!

Quoting Momma2013:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)