Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm just wondering a little about my 1 year old's weight...again. lol. His doctors have been on our case about his weight since pretty much day 1! Well, at his nine month checkup he was 15 pounds 14 ounces. We went back at ten months and he was 16 pounds exactly. According to my scale, he is .4 pounds over 17 pounds. I'm hoping he's at least 18 pounds by the time we go in for his 1 year checkup on the 26th.

I'm hoping since he is walking now they will stop pestering us about his weight! All he does is eat. Whether it is breastmilk or solids. I usually give him whatever i am eating. He's developed a fondess for ramen noodles...though if I give him those I don't put the season in there.

We have started weaning but I'm gonna drag it out until he is at least 2...much to my husband's dismay. Of course, now that he is walking he seems less interested in nursing. lol.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 2:52 PM
Replies (11-14):
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jun. 21, 2013 at 12:04 AM

I love ramen noodles... but beware. Even without the seasoning they're really not good for us!

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Jun. 21, 2013 at 2:16 AM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't expect ANY gain since he's walking and so active. He's burning so many calories with all that activity.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JenniferMiller0
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 11:09 AM

Oh, i know. I don't give them to him very often because I don't eat them very often! i eat maybe 2-4 packs a months. And usually when I eat them, he's either asleep or too busy walking around to care.

Quoting gdiamante:

I love ramen noodles... but beware. Even without the seasoning they're really not good for us!

CafeMom Tickers
JenniferMiller0
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 11:11 AM

I know right! lol. He just started walking so he probably won't hit 18 pounds by the 26th.

Quoting aehanrahan:

I wouldn't expect ANY gain since he's walking and so active. He's burning so many calories with all that activity.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)