Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

breastfeeding is gross and unnatural... vent.

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 10:23 PM
  • 60 Replies
1 mom liked this
So somehow after pumping at work a drop of milk got on a co workers phone (i work in a very small salon with an even smaller break room) and she came out from the break room laughing holding her phone thanking me for my milk we both cracked up. Well my friend/coworkers husband whom was visiting acted like my milk was going to jump on him . Telling me what i was doing was disgusting and nasty. Embarrassed because clients where hearing this I told him the only reason we have boobs is to feed our babies he then tells me its not natural that this * holds up his 10 month olds bottle of formula* is natural and breastfeeding is not. By this point im almost in tears this asshole has no right to make me feel like this. I was so pissed I couldnt say any of the things I wanted to throw in his face. I quickly said ya well mine is free and 100x better. He shoots back i would rather buy it. Sad thing is his wife and my friend wasnt there to hear a word of this not that she would have defended me anyways I know she feels the same way. To make matters worse hes my husbands childhood friend, needless to say that we wont be hanging out any time soon. How do ppl become so ignorant? How do you ladies deal with this bs? this is the furthest ive made it and im pretty damn proud to have made it 5months so far. Vent over
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 10:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SadieJames
by Sarah on Jun. 20, 2013 at 10:29 PM

Ask him to provide you with one, just one, recommendation to use formula when you're healthy and baby is healthy.  I hate idiots.  I usually say "I'm sorry but I really don't have time to discuss this with you.  Once you have one shred of credible evidence that you're right we can debate it then."

other than that just ignore them.  How our society became so warped is beyond me.

carranzasfaith
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 10:29 PM
I'm lucky to have only encountered one person kinda like that but her argument is its bad to nurse more than a year. But you know I believe people like that are just jealous!!
PolishMamma2
by Marta on Jun. 20, 2013 at 10:33 PM
1 mom liked this

You should be proud! Your giving your baby what it was ment to have, not some powdered garbage that will make it sick. My Great Aunt was awesome one time a man said something nasty while he was drunk about her nursing and he got squirt in the face with breastmilk! LOL. So just tell next time he says anything stupid to you he will get some milk in his eye.

polkaspots
by Gold Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 10:35 PM
3 moms liked this
If formula is natural, does that mean it grows on trees or something? That'd be pretty cool.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Smokeygirl
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 10:40 PM

I have a friend who does the same thing as this, but in a "non insulting way" she will say "no offense but I think breast feeding is disgusting". It has driven a wedge in between us because I'm insulted and just don't want to deal with her. It's like beating my head against a brick wall when I face the "formula is just as good as breastmilk" and "I just don't like it" ignorance. Sorry you've had to face it too.

SadieJames
by Sarah on Jun. 20, 2013 at 10:41 PM
5 moms liked this

Ah the elusive Similac and Enfamil trees in fairy tale forest! They cure all ills, make babies gain weight magically (or lose weight if the evil breastmilk monster made them too fat) and is the perfect nutrition made by nature and intended to be their food.  Oh look! A unicorn is peeing on that tree! We shall dedicate all formula pods from that one for "supplementation" so mommy can ensure baby gets all the deficiencies filled that are built up by their watery, insufficient milk!

Quoting polkaspots:

If formula is natural, does that mean it grows on trees or something? That'd be pretty cool.

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Jun. 20, 2013 at 10:42 PM
5 moms liked this

I saw this on a tshirt once: "You can't have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent". His argument is so flawed it is clear you could have been been trying to state your case to a brick.

Even when people don't agree on these things, I don't understand why people don't have the courtesty to use their mouth filter in public to stop themselves from openly mocking another person and clearly hurting their feelings. I'm guessing his little brain isn't properly connected to his big mouth.

awesomemommy2
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 10:43 PM
4 moms liked this
But having milk from the breast of a cow isn't gross.
SadieJames
by Sarah on Jun. 20, 2013 at 10:44 PM

That's always confused me.  

Quoting awesomemommy2:

But having milk from the breast of a cow isn't gross.

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Jun. 20, 2013 at 10:46 PM

You can add that it's fortified with all kinds of extra vitamins. And makes babies sleep deeper. And you can measure it with clearly marked ounces, unlike those crazy breasts of mysterious content. 

Quoting SadieJames:

Ah the elusive Similac and Enfamil trees in fairy tale forest! They cure all ills, make babies gain weight magically (or lose weight if the evil breastmilk monster made them too fat) and is the perfect nutrition made by nature and intended to be their food.  Oh look! A unicorn is peeing on that tree! We shall dedicate all formula pods from that one for "supplementation" so mommy can ensure baby gets all the deficiencies filled that are built up by their watery, insufficient milk!

Quoting polkaspots:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)