Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Is this good?

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 5:44 AM
  • 9 Replies
Ds is ebf. He was weighed when he was 11 weeks and he weighed 14 pounds 4 oz is that good?
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 5:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
melindabelcher
by mel on Jun. 21, 2013 at 6:08 AM
I'm sure your lo is over achieving but just knowing age and weight doesn't give us any idea on how well your child is doing
What's the full weight history (birth, lowest, wvc)
How many wet and poop diapers a day? Behaviors? Milestones? Any concerns with bf?
babylove041810
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 6:43 AM
Weight:
birth- 7 pounds 8.2 ounces
1 week- 7 pounds 5 oz
2 weeks- 7 pounds
4 weeks 7 pounds 12 oz
6 weeks- 9 pounds
2 months- 12 pounds
3 months- 14 pounds

He has about 4 wet diapers on the average day and dirty diapers about once every other day or so. Sometimes he'll go 3-4 times a day if not more though.

My only concern is he isn't eating as well as he used to. Or as long. Sometimes he'll nurse for long periods but at those times he's asleep and barely sucking so I'm not sure if he's even getting anything or not. He used to nurse for about 10 min on each side every hour-hour and a half. Now it's about 5 min every hour-2 hours.

Quoting melindabelcher:

I'm sure your lo is over achieving but just knowing age and weight doesn't give us any idea on how well your child is doing

What's the full weight history (birth, lowest, wvc)

How many wet and poop diapers a day? Behaviors? Milestones? Any concerns with bf?
melindabelcher
by mel on Jun. 21, 2013 at 6:49 AM
A gain of 1lb a month from lowest weight. 4 diapers a day are indicators that baby is getting plenty. Poop counts as 2.
Babies get more efficient as they get older so they need less time to get the same amount of milk.
babylove041810
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 6:56 AM
So he's doing we'll then?
He's just a fast eater? I forgot to mention he has a tongue and upper lip tie. I thought that's why he wasn't eating as well. We just finally got everything going smoothly. I was worried things were going to get rough again.

Quoting melindabelcher:

A gain of 1lb a month from lowest weight. 4 diapers a day are indicators that baby is getting plenty. Poop counts as 2.

Babies get more efficient as they get older so they need less time to get the same amount of milk.

melindabelcher
by mel on Jun. 21, 2013 at 7:09 AM
I would never knowingly leave a lip and/or tongue tie uncut
babylove041810
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 7:21 AM
We took him to an ent but since he was more than 30 days old they won't do anything until he is at least 6 months.

Quoting melindabelcher:

melindabelcher
by mel on Jun. 21, 2013 at 7:43 AM
Take him to another.
We took our daughter to 2ent and a pediatric dentist. She had the lip cut at 9mo and her tongue tie is being cut in the begining of july.

Quoting babylove041810:

We took him to an ent but since he was more than 30 days old they won't do anything until he is at least 6 months.

Quoting melindabelcher:

babylove041810
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 7:50 AM
He said after 30 days they have to be given anesthesia which is why they have to wait until 6 months.
But I will definitely get a second opinion.

Quoting melindabelcher:

Take him to another.

We took our daughter to 2ent and a pediatric dentist. She had the lip cut at 9mo and her tongue tie is being cut in the begining of july.

Quoting babylove041810:

Quoting melindabelcher:

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jun. 21, 2013 at 11:03 AM

Doubled birth weight three months earlier than expected.

You don't need to weigh him any more. **grin** Time to worry about the college fund.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)